Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Push notification - Associate mobile application with multiple user profiles

Level 4

Good morning,

i need associate a mobile application with multiple user profiles.

Could you tell me if it is possible and how?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ok, thanks for explaining it in more details

1) Each subscription is always linked to max 1 recipient on Adobe Campaign side.

Thus unfortunately you can't directly link 1 phone to 3 profiles in ACS.

You could do some soft-linking or add additional custom links.

But there is only 1 main profile which at the end would receive the delivery logs etc

2) if you choose the "send to profile" template, it would go to all devices of a proifle.

If you choose by "send to subscription" you can individally filter based on the device and e.g. only target one of the two devices assigned to a profile

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

What do you mean with "associate"?

By default, using the SDK will create mobile app subscription instances.

i.e. 1 user can have X mobile subscriptions an each mobile app can have Y subscribers.

If a profile has multiple devices, even multiple registrations for the same app are possible.

Hi, thanks for previous answer, but i have a particular case and i'm going to explain.
We have an android app with multiple profiles and we have to manage the following cases:

1) the user A has one smartphone with "App test".
His App has 3 distinct profiles (x,y,z) registered with different keys in the database of Adobe Campaign Standard.
He can switch profiles when he wants.
We would like to send push notification and afflict one or more profiles as we prefer, using different tests.

2)The user A buy another device and he install the "App test".
We would like to send a push notification to one specific device, or to both devices, as we prefer.

Adobe Campaign standard can manage these situation ?
how can we do it ?

Thank for support.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ok, thanks for explaining it in more details

1) Each subscription is always linked to max 1 recipient on Adobe Campaign side.

Thus unfortunately you can't directly link 1 phone to 3 profiles in ACS.

You could do some soft-linking or add additional custom links.

But there is only 1 main profile which at the end would receive the delivery logs etc

2) if you choose the "send to profile" template, it would go to all devices of a proifle.

If you choose by "send to subscription" you can individally filter based on the device and e.g. only target one of the two devices assigned to a profile