Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Problem with aggregate function in ACS

Level 2

Hello, I have a problem using aggregate function in ACS.

When I add an additionnal data wich is based on the SUM() function in a simple query activity, I get a PostgreSQL Error : column "n1.irecipientid" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function.

I can't do any aggregate, could you help me please.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks for sharing the screenshots! Here are my comments:

• I think you are using the avg function available in the 'Expression Editor'?  Unfortunately, these Aggregate functions available in query editor are not quite efficient in the 'Additional data' section of query editor . Also, to fulfill your requirement there is no Group By function with Aggregate function here.
  • However, these Aggregate functions works quite well in 'Extract file' activity. You can use the Avg function in the output column section and the use Transfer file activity to export the data. I am not sure this works for you but I see this is only way to get the avg function work.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 4

did you select group by enabled in the output cololums as well as  enable the following options under advanced parameters.

Group_BY.JPG

Level 2

Hello,

I dont have such options, I working on Adobe Campaign Standard (ACS) and the only option avaliable is to remove duplicate rows :

(The screenshot is from a french version)1644181_pastedImage_0.png

Level 4

Post the query which you are trying

Level 2

Hello,

The query in on profiles for example, see below.

- Profile : Has children = Yes

And in additionnal Data :

- Average(age)

1645052_pastedImage_0.png

1645053_pastedImage_1.png

This cause an error in the query  :

1645054_pastedImage_2.png

I hope my post is detailed enough.

Thanks in advance

Level 4

Can you please share the Screenshot of your Properties & General tab. It may occur if your targeting dimension is not Profile.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks for sharing the screenshots! Here are my comments:

• I think you are using the avg function available in the 'Expression Editor'?  Unfortunately, these Aggregate functions available in query editor are not quite efficient in the 'Additional data' section of query editor . Also, to fulfill your requirement there is no Group By function with Aggregate function here.
  • However, these Aggregate functions works quite well in 'Extract file' activity. You can use the Avg function in the output column section and the use Transfer file activity to export the data. I am not sure this works for you but I see this is only way to get the avg function work.

Level 3

Salut Pierre-Yves,

Pour un besoin similaire, j'ai configuré la même Query que toi. ça semble logique, mais j'ai pris le temps de comprendre pourquoi ça ne fonctionne pas, avant de trouver une solution de contournement que je partage volontiers en anglais :

The aggregate functions don't work with simple fields, only with collections :

1648115_pastedImage_0.png

1648116_pastedImage_1.png

The average profile age can be calculated by creating a Profile collection using Additional data in the main query and the Enrichment activity :

• In your main query add as an additional data a constant text field labeled 'Collection Link' :

1648117_pastedImage_4.png

• Add an Enrichment activity. In advanced Relations, Add an element with this definition :

1648118_pastedImage_6.png

• Add new additional data with the profile collection we just created :

1648119_pastedImage_8.png

• In the new window that pops up, go to Data and Create Element as follow :

1648120_pastedImage_10.png

Confirm all and run workflow. The field Avg(Age) should be added to Profile Collection.

Level 1

I've been coming back to this post many times but it hasn't been before now that I really understood and could make us of that solution. In my use case I wanted to aggregate and SUM on a specific contactID so I used that as the "GROUP BY" in the enrichment activity followed by a dedup activity.

Level 2

OK Thanks to both of you for your answers.

asish kumarp59945245  : I'll find a way to perform the calculation I need without using the agregate functions on the advanced expression editor then.

anasso21228396​ : I could effectively use the collections to perform agregate calculations (but i'll have to adapt my workflow before)

Level 1

Hi,

You can perform aggregate in Query, as shown below:

jyotiy2857946_0-1590046671099.png

Add Group by line and you will be able to execute query without error.

Thanks.