Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Offer module

Level 2

We have multiple offers created under single offer category. Everytime the offer pushed to web, user should see different offer. How to give priority to the offer.

If anyone has worked please let me know how to proceed.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Parmeshwar,

Take help from following strategy: 

Filter on the offer
This filter lets you restrict the offer propositions to be counted to specific sets of offers.
Offer being presented: the offer specified in the General tab is excluded if it has already been presented.
The offers which the rule applies to: when several offers are defined in the General tab with different weight, first offer presented with the highest weight. each offer proposition from this set of offers is taken into account and ends in the exclusion of all offers if the proposition threshold is reached.For instance, offers 1, 2 and 3 are defined in the General tab with weight 7, 5 and 6 respectively. The maximum number of propositions is set to 3. 
offers will be presented  in following order 1, 3, 2 and each will be presented once, the number of propositions counted will be 3. As a result, all offers will be presented once and in order you want them to.

or specify offers in individual category and take benefit of following rule
Offers from the same category: an offer is excluded if an offer from the same category has already been presented. so if your offers belongs to different category and have different weight they will be presented only once and in a order you want them to appear.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Can you try to set a weight to your offers as explained in this doc?

Let me know how it goes,

Florent.

Level 2

Hello

Thank you. I'll try this. And what if I give same weight? Will it work on round robin fashion?

Please also let me know how can I limit on displaying an offer only 10 times for each user.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hi,

I have tried with weight option. When I give same weight to the offer it displays random offers.

Help me on how to display the offers in round robin fashion.

Thanks.

Employee

Hi Parmeshwar,

Probably you can add a specific offer space on the offer when you are adding weight .

Details can be found here : https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/ITA_Managing_an_offer_catalog_Creating_an_offer.html

Level 10

parmeshwar wrote...

Hi,

I have tried with weight option. When I give same weight to the offer it displays random offers.

Help me on how to display the offers in round robin fashion.

Thanks.

You can't decide the algorithm to display offers having same weight. This will always be random. either create multiple offer space or assign weight to decide the priority.

Level 2

Hi Amit,

Thanks.

Creating multiple offer space is good option, but for future restriction purpose I'm avoiding to use it. 

If I assign weight, offer with highest weight is always being displayed. Could you please throw some light on how to assign weight?

Suppose I have 3 offers ... offer1, offer2 and offer3 and I want to display in below order, 

offer1

offer2

offer3

everytime user should see different offer.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Parmeshwar,

Take help from following strategy: 

Filter on the offer
This filter lets you restrict the offer propositions to be counted to specific sets of offers.
Offer being presented: the offer specified in the General tab is excluded if it has already been presented.
The offers which the rule applies to: when several offers are defined in the General tab with different weight, first offer presented with the highest weight. each offer proposition from this set of offers is taken into account and ends in the exclusion of all offers if the proposition threshold is reached.For instance, offers 1, 2 and 3 are defined in the General tab with weight 7, 5 and 6 respectively. The maximum number of propositions is set to 3. 
offers will be presented  in following order 1, 3, 2 and each will be presented once, the number of propositions counted will be 3. As a result, all offers will be presented once and in order you want them to.

or specify offers in individual category and take benefit of following rule
Offers from the same category: an offer is excluded if an offer from the same category has already been presented. so if your offers belongs to different category and have different weight they will be presented only once and in a order you want them to appear.

Regards,

Amit