Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function

Employee

Symptom

Red blinking outline on Query after adding data and computing an aggregate, e.g. Sum, Count, Max. Display logs shows the journal entry highlighted here:

Must appear in the GROUP BY.jpg

Underlying cause

Number of values don't synch up resulting in an error when adding data to the temporary worktable.

Fix

Edit additional data and (1) Check the Group box for any columns that do not contain aggregates, and (2) Click Advanced parameters and check Group data by the targeting dimension element.

Preventative

When adding additional data and computed aggregates in a Query, maker sure every column in the worktable is an aggregate or Group by, including the targeting dimension.

5 Replies

Level 10

Campaign error.JPG

I am getting a postgreSQL error while updating the schema which contains aggregate function sum.

Employee

Hi Amit, you need to click on the Advanced link when editing the additional data and activate the checkbox to Group by the targeting dimension.

Linda

Level 10

Hi Linda,

I am using a preloading in web form.so in there i don't see any

checkbox to Group by the targeting dimension.

Regards,

Amit

Employee

This post is referring to a segmentation or Campaign workflow, not a web form rendering workflow.

Level 10

Thanks Linda,

I was using the wrong type query activity in web form.

Regards,

Amit