Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Multiple file processing in ACS

Level 2

Hi,

We have a scenario where we get multiple files as input at a SFTP server and we need to read all those files and send emails. We tried to use Transfer File activity, it could read all the files but while processing the data in further activities only the last file record are considered.

The file nomenclature is Marketinglist_<n>.csv where n is an integer.

so lets say we have files marketinglist_1.csv, marketinglist_2.csv so on. Each file may have varied number of records. we can to send email to each of these records.How can we achieve that?

any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Vikash

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can select the option to generate an outbound transition in case no file is present. And loop your update activity back to 'Transfer file' activity. It will loop and perform operation until there are files present in your SFTP location.

1861916_pastedImage_0.png

1861917_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

HI Vikash,

In your transfer file activity when you give the file path for download are you giving as Marketing* to load all the files and process them. Ideally it should process all the files.

Thanks,

cl

Level 2

Hi Cl,

yes I am giving marketing* and it downloads all the files as I can see in the logs. but when we pass it through other activities like load file, enrichment etc. only one file records are processed.

Thanks!!

Vikash

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can select the option to generate an outbound transition in case no file is present. And loop your update activity back to 'Transfer file' activity. It will loop and perform operation until there are files present in your SFTP location.

1861916_pastedImage_0.png

1861917_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks.

Level 2
Hi, We have also same requirement to upload multiple files from ftp server and sends an email without storing the records in table. we noticed that delivery is considering records only from the last file. Any help how you have managed this would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance!!