Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind <null>:8080

Community Advisor

This is for Neolane v6.0.2 b6836

I am currently facing an issue with one of our environment whereby the services try to restart but the web (apache tomcat) service is hanging and not restarting. This is causing 8080 port to be locked to that hanged web service and Catalina is throwing up errors. When this happens we have to manually kill the process or net stop nlserver6.

What can we do in this case? here is the complete log [Java] java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind <nu - Pastebin.com

Why is the service not restarting? upon some investigation, I think is because requests are still being processed.

1. SEVERE: StandardServer.await: create[8005]:
  2. java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

SEVERE: The web application [/nl] is still processing a request that has yet to finish. This is very likely to create a memory leak. You can control the time allowed for requests to finish by using the unloadDelay attribute of the standard Context implementation.

Tomcat has a property that can be configured to give what ever process is running more time for requests to be finished (like a delay) using the unloadDelay property but I dont want to go down this route.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi David,

Please open a ticket to support to have this investigated quickly. Please give as many details as possible so your request can be addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Florent

Community Advisor

Hi Florent

I've raised it couple of weeks ago

TK119025

Level 10

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing this. I asked the support team to let us know the status of the issue. I'll share more details as soon as I get an answer.

Florent.

Level 10

Hi David,

It seems some other service is using port 8080; It should work if you change the port number assigned to the Apache server.

Regards,

Amit

Community Advisor

Hi Amit,

In the issue description I've explained that the Neolane Web service is hanged (unresponsive) and is not releasing port 8080 at the point of services restart. What I saw the other day was the Neolane spawned a new web service whilst the old one was still running. Obviously the new web service would have not been able to listen on the 8080 port as the unresponsive service is not releasing it.

Level 10

Thanks, David, Ahh Missed that part. Don't forget to update the resolution if you find one.

Apologies, Amit