Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Issue to access the external database data

Level 4

I created an external database to MySQL database, then created a schema to access the external database. I can see the data in the schema from the external database. But when I run the query activity in workflow, it will run for a long time, I can see the template table "wkf*****" was created in the MySQL data base, but the result will not return back to Adobe workflow. The query activity will run for a long time.

PS: I can get the data by create a queryDef in the Javascript code, only the query activity will not run successfully.

Do you know what is the reason of the issue? Is it the issue with Adobe or the external database?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thank you. The reason is that I use the MYSQL 5.7 as external database, but the campaign is an old version, I  just updated the Adobe campaign, the issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Here are a few points to check to make sure everything is correctly set.

Maybe you'll find some hints in the links above.

If that does not help, please provide more details about your version of Campaign, your external database and the query you are running in Campaign.

Thanks,

Florent

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thank you. The reason is that I use the MYSQL 5.7 as external database, but the campaign is an old version, I  just updated the Adobe campaign, the issue has been resolved.

Level 2

Hi ,

I am trying the above on Adobe Campaign Standard.

do i need to enable "Remote connections to the server" on the database server?

and how did you deploy the functions?

thanks

Shiva