to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

is there any plan for conversational sms capability in adobe campaign standard

surajp86368405
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Experts - is there any future enhancement in ACS, where we can do conversational sms or atleast do an action based on the response ? Our requirement is if customer replies to a particular short code, we want to make an api call to update some status and respond back to the customer.

7 Replies
johnwwilcoxmba
Level 5
Level 5

You can create a workflow with an activity of an incremental query that monitors the resource Incoming SMS (inSMS) for a specific reply.  Then the workflow can update the profile and send an sms auto-reply.

surajp86368405
Level 4
Level 4
would that be realtime, like will the workflow flow be triggered right away ? What i understand from the current status is we have to read the incoming MO table every 15 minutes and work on it. We are looking for a realtime option.
johnwwilcoxmba
Level 5
Level 5
You could probably create a real time transaction messages and target the SMS incoming message. The join would have to be both mobile and text. Then have an update in the background workflow. Worth a try.
Sukrity_Wadhwa
Employee
Employee

Hi @surajp86368405,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

surajp86368405
Level 4
Level 4
the above suggestion doesnt work. i cant really create an transactional event based on the incoming MO table in ACS. Is there any other suggestions ?
Sukrity_Wadhwa
Employee
Employee
Thank you for the update on your query. I will escalate it further among our SMEs. Thanks!
ramon_bisswanger
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately today there is no real-time way to answer incoming SMS messages.

It can be done via workflows though only with a scheduler in fixed intervals.

So far I am not aware that any change in this area is on the near future roadmap