Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Is it possible to generate Enrichment activity complement?

Level 3

Hi Team,

Do we have any option to generate complement in enrichment activity? How Can we get the data which dropped from this activity?In one our client want the dropped data as rejection file ? Is it possible or any alternative to this?

1284666_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There is no generate compliment option using an enrichment. You should use the split activity to filter out the records that aren't matching your recipient records. This is usually done post enrichment, but if you know what data is causing records to be dropped you could do this prior to the enrichment.

Standard behaviour when using the Link option (simple join) in the Enrichment activity is to keep the inbound population, even if it can't be joined to the target table. I tested using email as my reconciliation field.

What is the inbound population type? Is it a file import or is it an existing schema/table?

Is anything else configured in the enrichment activity?

Do you know why those records aren't linking to the recipient schema?

What field(s) are you using to create the link?

It's sometimes worth stopping the workflow, deleting the existing enrichment activity and recreating, just to ensure that you are satisfied that it's configured correctly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

The enrichment activity has a diverse range of functions and the majority of these do not drop data from the inbound population.

Assuming your client is using the reconciliation tab in the enrichment activity, the way to keep an unreconciled data is to check the box at the bottom of the reconciliation tab "Keep unreconciled data coming from the work table". You can then use the split activity to filter out the unreconciled data and may save this out to a file if required.

Level 3

Thank for prompt reply!

We are not using the reconciliation tab in the enrichment activity but we are joing the source data feed file(which have target population of 33 in below screen) with Target data(recipient data) using simple join(1-n carnality) which matching only 5 records in target data as per below screen.Is there any way to get the remaining data of 28 records as a complement using enrichment?

1285135_pastedImage_0.png

1285142_pastedImage_1.png

1285143_pastedImage_3.png1285142_pastedImage_1.png

Correct answer by
Employee

There is no generate compliment option using an enrichment. You should use the split activity to filter out the records that aren't matching your recipient records. This is usually done post enrichment, but if you know what data is causing records to be dropped you could do this prior to the enrichment.

Standard behaviour when using the Link option (simple join) in the Enrichment activity is to keep the inbound population, even if it can't be joined to the target table. I tested using email as my reconciliation field.

What is the inbound population type? Is it a file import or is it an existing schema/table?

Is anything else configured in the enrichment activity?

Do you know why those records aren't linking to the recipient schema?

What field(s) are you using to create the link?

It's sometimes worth stopping the workflow, deleting the existing enrichment activity and recreating, just to ensure that you are satisfied that it's configured correctly.