Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

is it possible to access the variables in to the content of the email delivery

Former Community Member

I am posting an event to a workflow which contains external signal activity.That event contains a variable.

xtk.workflow.PostEvent (

"WKF454",

"signal",

"",

<variables email={temp}/>,

false

)

Now I want to access this "temp" variable into the email content (delivery).

Is there any way to do this.

Any help will be appreciable.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Anand,

Yes it is, but you have to move them into the target data first, in the Query or in an Enrichment by adding a column.

So if you have defined an event variable :

vars.greeting = "Hello!"

You can add a column to the temp worktable in an Enrichment (or Query) like this:

AddingContextVarToTargetData.png

You can use the Insert menu (Target extension > Other) in the Delivery editor to generate the correct syntax:

<%= targetData.greeting %>

Note that you are adding this value to every Recipient in the target. You could use logic in the Expression or branches in the workflow to give some Recipients a different value than others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Anand,

Yes it is, but you have to move them into the target data first, in the Query or in an Enrichment by adding a column.

So if you have defined an event variable :

vars.greeting = "Hello!"

You can add a column to the temp worktable in an Enrichment (or Query) like this:

AddingContextVarToTargetData.png

You can use the Insert menu (Target extension > Other) in the Delivery editor to generate the correct syntax:

<%= targetData.greeting %>

Note that you are adding this value to every Recipient in the target. You could use logic in the Expression or branches in the workflow to give some Recipients a different value than others.