Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How do I fix this error code "Error while compiling script 'DM440[htmldefaultContent]' line 763: recipient is not defined.

Employee

I prepared an email and tried to send it to three valid email addresses (this was a test email), but none were delivered. Here is the error code I got:

Error while compiling script 'DM440[htmldefaultContent]' line 763: recipient is not defined.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi @Andy_Watanabe,

In Campaign Standard, this error reflects that the emails you are trying to target are not defined in the Campaign database and to do that you need to add these email addresses by creating a profile for them in ACS. There are several ways to create profile in ACS:

For more on creating profiles you can refer to this documentation: Creating profiles
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sukrity

Sukrity Wadhwa

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hello Andrew,

This error message means that Campaign don't find the recipient dimension in your targeting.

Could you explain me how you constructed your email / workflow ?

Thanks by advance,

Regards,

Employee
  1. I constructed the email using a template that had been successful in the past, but I did alter the body/content of the email substantially.
  2. I attempted to send the email many times - sometimes I was the sole recipient, and other times I added others from my company. I targeted using audiences or individual profiles.
  3. My emails did not contain any personalization fields

None of these attempts utilized "workflows" - I simply constructed them from a template.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi @Andy_Watanabe,

In Campaign Standard, this error reflects that the emails you are trying to target are not defined in the Campaign database and to do that you need to add these email addresses by creating a profile for them in ACS. There are several ways to create profile in ACS:

For more on creating profiles you can refer to this documentation: Creating profiles
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sukrity

Sukrity Wadhwa