Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Follow up email exclusion

Level 2

Hello,

I'm looking to do a follow up email which I understand the steps to do that by changing the resource from profile to the email that I want to follow up. However, I'd like to exclude a certain population from the final send. The group that I'd like to exclude is a query that targets data from the profile.

How would I go about doing this?

I set up the workflow with the query that uses the email as the resource, and then set up another query to get the population for exclusion - but obviously if I leave it the way it is, I'm then targeting two different event types, and get the error: The document types of inbound events ('head:EVTwelcome' and 'head:profile') are incompatible. Unable to perform the operation.

I need to keep the events to target the email in order to do a follow up email, so essentially, how would I go about excluding the second query's population from the end target?

Thanks

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

You could try using an exclusion of type "JOIN".

Then you can use different schemas and can define the columns to be used to link the records based on other attributes