Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

External API activity

Level 2

i am trying to get response from a public api using the external api activity but it is giving error saying json format not acceptable.

Also in the url it is saying this is not a valid integer. Please suggest what can be the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Unfortunately the format supported is rather limited (see docu below).

Anything not following this standard can't be parsed. (Mainly then nothing can be parsed)

So basically you nearly always needs something intermediary translating the data from the public service to ACS JSON format.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/data-mana...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Unfortunately the format supported is rather limited (see docu below).

Anything not following this standard can't be parsed. (Mainly then nothing can be parsed)

So basically you nearly always needs something intermediary translating the data from the public service to ACS JSON format.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/data-mana...

Level 2
Thanks for your response Raman, moreover i am using the same link to configure the activity and when i run the worklfow the activity gives error saying malformed json but when i parse the json in the activity it is done correctly as per the doc

Employee Advisor

Is the JSON content exactly the same?

I saw issues where the actual JSON had nulls or different data formats.

You may have to check the column. definition in the activity if the automatic. parsing generated something useful

Level 2
yes i have checked the column definition it generates the two fields i have added in the json sample given by my api