Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Export Data with Unix Line Ends

Level 3

I need to export data out in the unix format of only having a line feed at the end of each line rather than the windows format of carriage return + line feed. How would I go about do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Amit,

So the option you show seemed to export out in the windows format which is CRLF, instead of the required UNIX format which requires only LF. However exporting out simply as CR with Latin encoding seemed to export out with only a LF end character (which seems odd but it is Adobe Campaign after all).

The best solution for me was to export out as UTF-8 encoding with the CR line end as this fulfilled two use cases I needed to satisfy. Thanks for the response!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Alistair,

did you try CR/LF option in the in extraction file format? It should work in UNIX.

1412190_pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Amit

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Amit,

So the option you show seemed to export out in the windows format which is CRLF, instead of the required UNIX format which requires only LF. However exporting out simply as CR with Latin encoding seemed to export out with only a LF end character (which seems odd but it is Adobe Campaign after all).

The best solution for me was to export out as UTF-8 encoding with the CR line end as this fulfilled two use cases I needed to satisfy. Thanks for the response!

Level 10

Hi Alistair,

I did a bit of research about the end of line chars, I didn't test my solution with UTF-8 or latin encoding though but as per this ticket in StackOverflow it should work with both system with CRLF option as CR is supported in windows and LF in Unix so as per definition CRLF should translate to a system agnostics solution. Did you test CRLF and None with UTF-8 in both systems?

Difference between CR LF, LF, and CR line break types? - Stack Overflow

Glad you found your solution.

Regards,

Amit

Level 3

Hi Amit,

I didn't delve too far into the details other than fulfilling the use case requirements which was asking for exported files to have UTF-8 encoding with the UNIX LF line ending required for import into another tool. In practicality it probably makes little to no difference

Cheers

Alistair