Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Exclude all email in previous delivery

Level 2

We just sent out an eDM campaign to specific data lists (list a, b and c). Our marketing team just realized that they have missed some of the subscribers and they provided a new data list (d). As we don't want the subscriber receiving the same email twice. so we need to make sure to exclude anyone that exits in list d but also exist in list a, b, c. is there a way to quickly implement the exclusion of previous email address in a particular delivery ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You have several ways of doing this. What you would implement depends on whether you want to send different emails to the rest at the end or not. As you are talking about lists, I will assume that you use Campaign v6.

• 1st solution is to create a union of the 3 lists a, b and c and to exclude its recipients from list d. For example like this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 15.39.14.png

• 2nd solution is to query the broadlog table to target specifically recipients who received a specific email. You can do that with by adding a Query activity and selecting "Recipients of a delivery". Then just choose the delivery and the query will retrieve its recipients for you. Then you can do as above (exclude the result of the query from list d)

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 15.44.16.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-07 at 15.46.42.png

Let me know if this is a solution that can work for you and don't hesitate to share more details if you need more help.

Florent.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You have several ways of doing this. What you would implement depends on whether you want to send different emails to the rest at the end or not. As you are talking about lists, I will assume that you use Campaign v6.

• 1st solution is to create a union of the 3 lists a, b and c and to exclude its recipients from list d. For example like this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 15.39.14.png

• 2nd solution is to query the broadlog table to target specifically recipients who received a specific email. You can do that with by adding a Query activity and selecting "Recipients of a delivery". Then just choose the delivery and the query will retrieve its recipients for you. Then you can do as above (exclude the result of the query from list d)

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 15.44.16.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-07 at 15.46.42.png

Let me know if this is a solution that can work for you and don't hesitate to share more details if you need more help.

Florent.

Level 2

Much appreciated Florent. This is exactly what I want to achieve.

In the Exclusion do I need to set up exclusion rule in there or just make sure the primary set is list d then campaign will do the work? After the exclusion can I just send out the email via Email delivery as below screenshot ?

Thanks and Regards.

imga.png

Level 10

Hi,

What Florent answered will work for you but This is not the best way of doing it.

If you have strict business rules and couple of more combinations and need to use it across multiple email campaign than you should use pressure rules to enforce it.

Read about how to implement them here, Consistency rules .

Let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Amit

Level 10

Hi,

As a side note to my answer, if you want to implement this mechanism so it works on a regular basis, please have a deeper look at what Amit said.

What I propose is more of a one shot and quicker way of doing it but in the long terme you may want to look at pressure rules.

As for the workflow, you simply have to set a primary set. It will simply exlcude all the population of the union from the list (d). If you want to make sure that you only have new emails left, try running the workflow without the delivery activity and inspect the transition.

Hope this helps and thanks Amit too!

Florent.

Level 2

Thanks so much Amit. definitely will look into the pressure rules as for the long term solution.