Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Evergreen Email Sequence

Level 3

I am building an evergreen email sequence. After a period of time I want people to restart at the beginning. The only way I can see to achieve this is to create two custom fields, one which is Email Number and one which is Email Send Date. These get filled with the relevant email number and send date of that email. This would allow a query to be run where if Email Number = Last Email and Email Send Date > X Days Ago then reset these fields, this would allow the first query that splits the emails to pick them up again and start at the beginning.

However, this seems a very long-winded approach and I am wondering if there is a simpler solution I have overlooked?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It depends a bit on how long your sequence is.

If it's inside the Delivery Log retention interval (default = 6 months), you also could define a query which checks on the delivery logs for a profile to determine the mail to send

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It depends a bit on how long your sequence is.

If it's inside the Delivery Log retention interval (default = 6 months), you also could define a query which checks on the delivery logs for a profile to determine the mail to send

Level 3

Thanks @ramon_bisswanger I had found my way to the delivery logs for this. I can use that as emails go frequently within a 12 month period and I can always check the last email. What method would you recommend if you want to check an email outside of the 6 months period?

Employee Advisor

If you need a 12 month period, then indeed you have to work with attributes on a profile.

Or else other option would be to create a custom resource which contains a "copy" of the broad log table but just with the most relevant information (delivery, date, status)