Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Enrich from file without reconcilliation

Level 3

I am wanting to send an email which contains content data from a file, this data is generic i.e. it doesn't relate to a specific profile, it is purely email content. I think this can be done using the API, but I am trying to find a way to do it with a Load File in the first instance if possible.

1. I want to run a query that finds the people the email is going to go to.

2. Load a file with the additional data.

3. Enrich each email address with the additional data

4. Send email with the additional data

The issue I am facing is that I have to reconcile the load file data to the profile, but there is no reconciliation as the data is generic for all profiles, I simple want to append the data to the temporary resource so I can use the content inside the email.

Is there a way to do this?

I thought I had a fallback method of creating a table that has the data contained inside it, so the load file updates the table with the data to be used in the email, and then I simply use the data from that table inside the email content. But it seems like I can't keep a table of data inside Campaign that can then be used within an email, without it being linked to a profile, which means I have the same issue of reconciliation.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@michaelwilding, You should be able to do this with enrichment activity. Steps to get the data added to each profile,

• Load the file data and save it as an audience.
  • Have a separate workflow containing query activity to pull profiles and read audience activity to read data loaded from the file.
  • Use enrichment activity with 1 cardinality link (source and destination value as 1) and add an additional data section.SatheeskannaK_0-1690225027600.png

Enrichment relation definition will look like this,

SatheeskannaK_1-1690225085214.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@michaelwilding, You should be able to do this with enrichment activity. Steps to get the data added to each profile,

• Load the file data and save it as an audience.
  • Have a separate workflow containing query activity to pull profiles and read audience activity to read data loaded from the file.
  • Use enrichment activity with 1 cardinality link (source and destination value as 1) and add an additional data section.SatheeskannaK_0-1690225027600.png

Enrichment relation definition will look like this,

SatheeskannaK_1-1690225085214.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

@SatheeskannaK thank you for the reply. The file doesn't contain any profile data, just email data such as subject line, body copy, sign off etc. Can I still save it as an audience?

Community Advisor

Yes, you can still save it as audience and the difference is the type of audience will be "List". 

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Could you explain what is happening when the source and definition expressions are 1 please?

I didn't realise I could use Audiences in this way. Effectively I can use an audience to store any type of flat data?

Community Advisor

Could you explain what is happening when the source and definition expressions are 1 please? - Considers the link between source and destination is always true.

I didn't realise I could use Audiences in this way. Effectively I can use an audience to store any type of flat data? - Yes, you're right.

Thanks, Sathees