Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Different ways of Sending push notifications

Level 10

Hi,

In my case, user needs to be prompted to visit a mobile app by a push notification and thinking of Different ways of Sending push notifications.

1. I am aware that Adobe Campaign is used for sending Email, SMS and Push Notifications. So, shall I assume that Adobe Campaign is one answer?

2. The following URL shows that Adobe Mobile SDK allows you to send push messages to your users.

Push Messaging

Is it true that these two products serve the same purpose?

If so, what are the pros and cons of each of these and which one to use when (especially my business case)?

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

Sorry if I was not clear enough. In any case with Campaign, you'll use automatically Adobe Mobile SDK. You will configure your mobile application in both Campaign and Adobe Mobile Services (both applications will work together). Then, from Campaign, you'll be able to send your push notifications, and to retrieve profile data collected from the application.

Florent

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rama,

If you plan on sending push notifications as part of your campaigns then yes Adobe Campaign is the right product (Also, seing your use case, I assume Campaign would be good for that). Adobe Campaign push notification service works with Adobe's mobile SDK as well. I'd recommend you to go through the following links from the Adobe Campaign documentation: Push configuration​ and About push notifications​. You may find the info you need.

Let me know if you'd like more specific information.

Florent

Level 10

Hi Florent,

Thanks a lot for replying quickly, informing me very clearly that Adobe Campaign is the way out for me.

But, when should we use Adobe Mobile SDK for this purpose?

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

Sorry if I was not clear enough. In any case with Campaign, you'll use automatically Adobe Mobile SDK. You will configure your mobile application in both Campaign and Adobe Mobile Services (both applications will work together). Then, from Campaign, you'll be able to send your push notifications, and to retrieve profile data collected from the application.

Florent