Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Custom Subscription

Level 2

hi ,

I have created a custom schema ( Competition ) and i want to link Subscription service to this schema.

The use-case is : Customer signups for a Competition and he receives an automated email upon filling the form.

Currently Service / Subscription is linked to Receipt schema.

do i have to extend nms:service to link Competition  schema to it ?

any ideas on this would be good.

Regards

Shiva

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shiva,

The thing is that services are meant be used to subscribe recipients to them, that's why they are linked to nms:recipients.

I'm not sure why you would need your competition schema to be linked to the subscription or services schemas. I'd rather see it linked to the nms:recipients schema

With what I suggested it would work like that:

1. you create a form where your customers can signup for a competition (or several forms if you need to)
  2. a customer fills a form and when submiting/validating the form, he/she is automatically registered to the corresponding service
  3. registration or form validation triggers the sending of an email that contains any information you need.

Let me know if your case is different to make sure I understand fully your requirements

Florent

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Shiva, not sure about the approach here.

I don't see a technical need to create a link between Competition and Subscription.

You can create a Competition schema if you want to store information about competitions in it, but do you really need it? Or can you rather just create a "Competition A" service and have your recipients register to that service using the form? With this, when subscribing to the Competition service, the user would receive an automated email to confirm, and you would find all registered recipients in the details of that service.

See here: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/WEB_Web_forms_Use_cases-_web_forms.html

Let me know if that's what you intend to do.

Florent

Level 2

Hi Florent ,

by following the way you suggested data would be stored in receipt schema  / nms: Subscription?

In our case : we have multiple forms which would be using the subscription service and we would like to store the data in the respective schemas .

We are unable to link a custom schema ( competition) to a Subscription service as by default it is link to nms :receipt .

hope this explains our requirement.

Regards

Shiva

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shiva,

The thing is that services are meant be used to subscribe recipients to them, that's why they are linked to nms:recipients.

I'm not sure why you would need your competition schema to be linked to the subscription or services schemas. I'd rather see it linked to the nms:recipients schema

With what I suggested it would work like that:

1. you create a form where your customers can signup for a competition (or several forms if you need to)
  2. a customer fills a form and when submiting/validating the form, he/she is automatically registered to the corresponding service
  3. registration or form validation triggers the sending of an email that contains any information you need.

Let me know if your case is different to make sure I understand fully your requirements

Florent