Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

CRM Connector (Salesforce)

Level 2

Hi - is anyone using the CRM Connector, specifically for Salesforce? Is there a way to know what action is performed when it's set to "Export to CRM" -- is it an update or insert/create new?

Thanks,

Sonny

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sonny,

It depends whether you define a mapping or not when configuring the export. If a mapping is defined, you will be able to update existing data in the CRM tool. If no mapping is defined, an automatic key will be used and all the data will be inserted in the CRM, with potential duplicates.

You can find some information about this function here: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/INS_Connectors_CRM_Connectors.html#Exporting_to_the_CRM.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sonny,

It depends whether you define a mapping or not when configuring the export. If a mapping is defined, you will be able to update existing data in the CRM tool. If no mapping is defined, an automatic key will be used and all the data will be inserted in the CRM, with potential duplicates.

You can find some information about this function here: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/INS_Connectors_CRM_Connectors.html#Exporting_to_the_CRM.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

Level 2

Thanks, Florent; that was helpful! I do have a mapping, but I keep getting this message:

I routinely just ignore it, and the connector seems to run fine. But do you have an idea what's causing the message to pop?

Sonny

Level 10

Hi Sonny,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to investigate to see if this message could be related to some misconfiguration but it appears that it continues to pop with correct settings and right mapping for the field it talks about.

As mentioned, the connector still works fine, even with this message popping, so you might just continue to ignore it.

I'll update this thread if I receive further update.

Thanks,

Florent.

Level 2

Thanks, Florent. Glad to know it might not be something I've been doing wrong! :)

Sonny