Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Create Attachment from Workflow Transitional Data

Level 3

Hi,

I am looking to do the following;

• Send out a delivery
  • When delivery has finished apply certain filters to the recipients
  • Create an attachment from these filtered records
  • Email this attachment to a mailbox

Ideally this should be automated and all be done on the server rather than relying on local files. This is a Adobe hosted solution with an Ultimate Bundle package.

I'm a bit stuck with the process of generating the attachment from the workflow transitional data. I'd appreciate any pointers on how best to achieve this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alistair,

I've tested this quickly and this is the setup I've used. Hope this is similar to what you are trying.

As you can see inside the Export activity the file name provided is myfile.csv

This will result in the file being exported to export folder inside the installed location.

When configuring the attachment inside delivery, type has been selected as "The filename is computed during delivery analysis (it cannot depend on recipient profile)" and then path has been provided as "export/myfile.csv"

This will send the exported file to designated email address.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Alistair,

You can try using File Export activity on the output transition of your delivery.

Define the format of export.

Then connect this export activity to another delivery activity which will be sending this as an attachment.

When configuring attachments, you can use vars.filename to automatically connect this file under attachments.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 3

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the swift response!

When specifying the Export (V4 compatibility) activity what options would need to be defined in order to successfully pass this data through to a Delivery. Also is it possible to define the attachment type (xls etc)?

Finally when defining the attachment in the delivery activity what are the steps needed to do this. The calculated options all seem to require a local file location.

Apologies for the many questions. I've been banging my head on this for a while and now have a complete mental block on it...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alistair,

I've tested this quickly and this is the setup I've used. Hope this is similar to what you are trying.

As you can see inside the Export activity the file name provided is myfile.csv

This will result in the file being exported to export folder inside the installed location.

When configuring the attachment inside delivery, type has been selected as "The filename is computed during delivery analysis (it cannot depend on recipient profile)" and then path has been provided as "export/myfile.csv"

This will send the exported file to designated email address.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 3

Hi Vipul,

That worked perfectly. As ever thanks for your expertise!

It turns out I had massively overcomplicated the task at hand, the final solution was very simple.

Employee

Hi Vipul,

This works fine if we are extracting the data and then the csv file (which will be attached as a file in the attachment) of that data.

How can i do this to attach pdf file from the local machine or an ftp account, in a work flow? Something like below.

1247253_pastedImage_0.png