Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Can't send SMS messages if message count is greater than 1

Level 3

Hello,

We're using Clicksend to send our SMS messages.

Sending a message with a maximum of 160 characters works well, as it will send everything in a single SMS. As soon as we reach 161 characters, and the message has to be sent in 2 SMSs, we never receive the message. The delivery logs indicate that the message was sent out successfully, even though we never received it, and the message doesn't even appear in the ClickSend logs.

The treshhold is set to max 8 messages at once, so the issue isn't there. I'm also not aware of any limitation of the sorts in the external account.

I contacted Support, who says it's an issue at the provider's side, as the logs indicate the message was sent. I also contacted ClickSend, who says the issue is at Adobe's side, as they don't have any trace of those messages arriving and being bounced or failed.

I am stuck in loop between Adobe's and ClickSend's support, so the experience of the people here seems to be my last resort.

Can anyone please help or share ideas ?

EDIT : We found the solution! Multi-part messages only work when the option 'Enable message payload' is checked in the external account. Even Adobe's support wasn't aware of this, we found it out ourselves. The downside to this, is that the 'billable message count' for those multi-part messages will always be 1 instead of the real value.

Thank you,

Xavier

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

SMS
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @xavierv6303633 ,

Can you please share mode details on how you have configured the sms account?

Also, To troubleshoot the issue you can able the Enable verbose SMPP traces in the log file option in sms account configuration.

You mentioned that adobe delivery log says Sent and there is no update on bounce and rejected? You will have to enable the option which says "Enable Real-time KPI updates during SR processing".

You can check more details on the link given below.
https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/administrating/configuring-channels/c...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @xavierv6303633 ,

Can you please share mode details on how you have configured the sms account?

Also, To troubleshoot the issue you can able the Enable verbose SMPP traces in the log file option in sms account configuration.

You mentioned that adobe delivery log says Sent and there is no update on bounce and rejected? You will have to enable the option which says "Enable Real-time KPI updates during SR processing".

You can check more details on the link given below.
https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/administrating/configuring-channels/c...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ , thanks for your answer! The sms External account is exactly as defined in the their documentation : https://help.clicksend.com/article/l6hbrh9y82-send-sms-with-adobe-campaign

The rest of the parameters all have the default values. I now activated the verbose logs and the real time KPI updates, as you suggested.

In the meantime, Adobe Support performed some more tests and gave us some more feedback : In the nmsBroadLogExec table, we have a providerID for those messages, which indicates a handshake was performed with the SMS provider, but ClickSend themselves say they don't see any trace of this message or ID.

A tcpdump was also provided to us which shows that Adobe received the following response when trying to send the message : "Message type : No recipient SME acknowledgement requested".

I'm not really sure what to do with that information, so any type of help is hugely welcome!