Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Campaign extension data schema

Level 2

I am confused in interpreting the below definition:

An extension schema does not have its own schema: the schema generated from the source schema will be filled in with the fields of the extension schema. What I understand is the source schema will be filled in with the updated fields in extension schema. Is this correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi subrats9452256,

Yes you are right. If there is an Adobe provide schema which you can't edit like Profile and you wish to add new columns to the existing table structure, you should use the extension schema.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi subrats9452256,

Yes you are right. If there is an Adobe provide schema which you can't edit like Profile and you wish to add new columns to the existing table structure, you should use the extension schema.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Is it mandatory to extend a custom schema as well, or can I modify the custom schema directly by adding additional columns. What would be the impact?

Thank you in advance

Employee

Extension schema is just a view of source schema in which new columns will be added. Out of the box schemas in adobe campaign cannot be modified directly, but they can be extended and modified. All the columns added in the extension schema will be reflected in the source schema as they point to one schema in the database.