Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

calling message center API

Level 2

Hi ,

In order to call message center API ,there are 2 soap methods , so in which technology my application should be developed
so that i can access this SOAP methods.??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sarat,

SOAP protocol enabled two heterogenous systems to communicate with eachother. That is the sole pupose of web services.

You can create your client for our API in anly language of choice, be it PHP, JAVA, C# anything.

There is no specific recommendation.

For normal testing, you can use SOAPapi or Postman as a tool.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sarat,

SOAP protocol enabled two heterogenous systems to communicate with eachother. That is the sole pupose of web services.

You can create your client for our API in anly language of choice, be it PHP, JAVA, C# anything.

There is no specific recommendation.

For normal testing, you can use SOAPapi or Postman as a tool.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

Thanks a lot for your response.

That means i need the corresponding wsdl for the 2 soap methods and i will use it for my business requirements.

as you mentioned SOAP UI for testing , for that i need the soap ui project which adobe team is using for testing ?

Employee Advisor

You just need to import the WSDL and then use the available functions to fire SOAP calls. There is no publicly available SOAPUi project from Adobe.

Tests are simple and if you follow the documentation it should be easier to implement.

Level 10

We have samples with AEM and SOAP. We use APache CFX to create Java proxy libs that lets us invoke an external web service -- Creating an Experience Manager HTL Component that displays data from a SOAP Web Service

Level 2

Ok .Thanks a lot for the response. The reason why i have requested for the soap ui project is we can test it without our code for the better troubleshooting .
is there any separate security feature is used in the web services? because that is required to call the SOAP calls.

thanks in advance.

Sarath

Level 10

Hi Sarath,

Were you able to call the API with the help of Vipul's and Scott's comments?

Let us know,

Florent

Level 2

I am following up with the team to get the SOAP service details. But i have asked a query regarding security features like is there any special feature is added to call the API?

Level 10

Hi,

Soap is quite secure when comes to security. Usually, we have https connection for communications with dual authentication(session token and security token to authenticate your request)

Moreover, Adobe campaign uses an allowed-address IP from server to server call.

Example: If you are using AEM server to make a call to Adobe campaign server.

You have to white list AEM server IP from Adobe Campaign and Adobe campaign IP from AEM for bi-directional communications.

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Hi Florentlb,

Thanks for the feedback. That work was on hold and now it comes bank .Now i want to send a simple mail contains hello message .
Please let me know how can i achieve that?
what i know is we need the wsdl file for this web service (schema name is rtEvent)

Level 5

In order to use the message center APi you from the SOAP ui ( testing purpose)  first you need to call the Session service to generate a session Token and Security token.

Once you have the session ( authentication ) then you can call PushEvent  methods  from rtEventWSDL to send the message.

from the AC standpoint u need to set up an Event then build a template on the message center using that event.