Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Calling Adobe Campaign API from AEM

Level 2

Hi,

We have a requirement where we want to initiate an email proof send (out of Adobe Campaign) via AEM for internal QA. The client has sensitive data on Adobe Campaign and they don’t want people to log in on AC, so they want the proof send from AEM.

I thought I can create a workflow for that, and call API methods from ECMA script so I can use it in a step.

I have 2 main questions where I would like to have some feedback from the community:

• Do I need a special certificate for AEM accessing Adobe Campaign API web service?

I found this https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/standard/en/api/ACS_API.html#setting-up-api-access but I’m not sure if I have to get a special certificate being AEM and AC both from Adobe, and properly registered. They are also connected between each other, cause we are able to send newsletter content to AC for sending emails. I have found JSAPI documentation but for creating workflows within AC, I want to know how to access those functions from AEM.

• How can I use the CampaignProxy to access Adobe Campaign API web service?

I found an existing workflow in AEM that sends the content to Adobe Campaign for sync’ing and then sending emails from there. This workflow is working for us very nicely, but for sending the email, someone has to login in Adobe Campaign, synchronize the content and send the email.

I noticed the wf uses the NewsletterManager from com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign. I also noticed there is an interface that can be helpful for my purposes, the CampaignProxy. This one has post and get methods, but I don’t know how can I use them with the AC API, and I haven’t found documentation or examples on how to do this.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-2/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/in...

Follow-up question:

I read somewhere that there’s JSAPI documentation that it’s not free and I would have to get from the resource center. I haven’t found something in the Adobe website where it needs me to log in for accessing. Have this changed in the last year, or if I need extra documentation, who should I contact to get it?

Thanks

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Pablo