Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Alert Activity Configuration

Level 2

Hi,

I want to configure an alert activity where all incoming transition creates single deliver alert on my inbox.

Unfortunately, this is not happening and I am getting multiple alerts.

How can we merge all of them into a single alert?

Thanks,

Vishal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vishal,

You can use an AND activity to combine all incoming transitions into one outgoing transition and then place Alert activity after that.

Only when all incoming transitions have completed execution only then the alert will be sent.

Downside of this is that data from only one of these transitions will move forward into Alert.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Sent from Mobile

Please excuse brevity

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vishal,

You can use an AND activity to combine all incoming transitions into one outgoing transition and then place Alert activity after that.

Only when all incoming transitions have completed execution only then the alert will be sent.

Downside of this is that data from only one of these transitions will move forward into Alert.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Sent from Mobile

Please excuse brevity

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tested that too and yes, I see only one alert landing with the calculations.

Is there a way we can combine the alerts? Wanted to count the population using (vars.recCount). Can we define a variable and call it on alert activity?

I have gone through the other articles but I do not see anything that can help.

Employee Advisor

Hi Vishal,

You can define an instance variable each for every transition and store respective vars.recCount.

Then before the alert create final instance variable and save the sum of individual transition instance variables in it.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Sent from Mobile

Please excuse brevity

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

Can you please share an example?

I have done that but that always gets me the same results.

See mine:

1575459_pastedImage_0.png