Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Adobe Web App Rendering Issue (<em> tags showing)

jamesx29320000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a web app that queries our business tables to returns XML. Here's a sample of what's displayed in the "enable debug mode":

"

<ctx lang="en" _folderModel="" origin="neolane" webApp-id="64953510" _target="web" date="2017-07-07T19:33:35Z" _console="1" score="0">

<userInfo timezone="America/New_York" theme="" orgUnitId="0" noConsoleCnx="true" loginId="3319" loginCS="Web applications agent (webapp)" locale="en-US" instanceLocale="en-US" homeDir="" datakitInDatabase="true">

<login-right right="admin" />

</userInfo>

<timezone changed="false" current="America/New_York" />

<Tbl_ProductTemplate _key="@id" _operation="update" id="195670" TemplateContentType="trip-highlights">

<EmailTemplateContentXML>&lt;EmailTemplateContent ItemId=&amp;quot;{CEF3701C-4BF0-4B03-BCF1-C87CDE3EBAC5}&amp;quot; ItemName=&amp;quot;default&amp;quot;&gt;

&lt;Header&gt;Preview your &amp;lt;em&amp;gt;Iberian Voyage: Lisbon to Barcelona&amp;lt;/em&amp;gt; itinerary in this video&lt;/Header&gt;

"

in the page element, I have the following to prepare and render the <Header> content:

<% var rawXmlData = ctx.Tbl_ProductTemplate.EmailTemplateContentXML;

rawXmlData = rawXmlData.toString(); rawXmlData = rawXmlData.replace(/&quot;/g, '\"'); rawXmlData = rawXmlData.replace(/&rdquo;/g, '\"'); rawXmlData = rawXmlData.replace(/&ldquo;/g, '\"'); rawXmlData = rawXmlData.replace(/&rsquo;/g, "\'"); rawXmlData = rawXmlData.replace(/&lsquo;/g, "\'"); rawXmlData = rawXmlData.replace(/&hellip;/g, "..."); var xmlData = new XML(rawXmlData); %>

<%= xmlData.Header %>

I've tried using xmlData.Header.toString().replace(/&amp;lt;em&amp;gt;/ig, '<em>') to convert the html entities back to characters so the web app will render the header correctly, but the header continue to render as <em>#########</em>. It seems like the replace is bypassing the &lt; and &gt;. Or it's being converted back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jim

1 Accepted Solution
jamesx29320000
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Okay, so I found a solution. Use a document.write of the XML node resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
florentlb
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Jim,

Have you tried with other tags than <em> to see if the problem persists?

Let me know,

Florent.

jamesx29320000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Florent,

I have tried to replace just the "&lt;" and "&gt;" to "<" and ">" without any success. But I was able to replace other letters, outside of the tags, e.g., changing the letter "a" to "A", Barcelona to BArcelonA.

Thanks,

JIm

jamesx29320000
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Okay, so I found a solution. Use a document.write of the XML node resolves the issue.

View solution in original post