Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS - read custom field on workflow resource via API

Level 5

Hi There,

I need read a new custom field on workflow resource that I've just created, but I don't how know how I can read it via API.

paulogalan_0-1632222635553.png

paulogalan_1-1632222939443.png

I've been reading the documentation, but I can't found how can I to do it on workflow resource.

But I've tried a command and that I can read the fields on wkf resource, excepted my custom field that I created. Probably this command is not right.

paulogalan_2-1632223035678.png

The question: Is it possible, read a custom field on workflow resource via API?

If is possible, say me how, please. But if is not possible, I'd like to know if there is an another way to read it.

I will really appreciate for any help!

Paulo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@acc_acs,

I don't think custom field created on workflow resource is not exposed to API.

If you can provide more context on use case that you're trying to solve will help further to suggest something.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@acc_acs,

I don't think custom field created on workflow resource is not exposed to API.

If you can provide more context on use case that you're trying to solve will help further to suggest something.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 5

@SatheeskannaK 

I know the API can only read the Profile resource or the resources that are linked directly to the Profile.

I tried to do this same process with the workflow resource. But it did not work.

The scenario is as follows: I need to have the information in the workflow, the type of campaign purpose. For example, if it is Direct Marketing, Inquiry or any other.

I need this information to integrate with another system that will send me this information. Only after verifying this information, I will be able to send the communication.

I'm tentatively thinking about putting this information in the Label field or in the ID (name). I say this because I think that with the Endpoint (see the image)

Example of Endpoint that I refered: "https://mc.adobe.io/<enviroment>/campaign/workflow/execution/WKF501/"

With this Endpoing I can at least read the fields I mentioned above. I believe it would be a temporary solution until I think of a better one or Adobe implements that improvement. What do you think about this ideia? Let me know.

Thank you so much for any help.

Regards

Paulo

Community Advisor

Hi @acc_acs,

Yes, i agree that temporary solution using label or name of the workflow makes sense based on what you can can execute against workflow resource using API.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 5

@SatheeskannaK 

To close this case, I wanted to understand one thing. So why is there the "Filter Definition" option in Custom Workflow resource? Is not this only used to make consultations with filters via API?
If there is this Feature (Filter Definition) and allows you to create this filter. Why we cannot use it in the Adobe API, then to serve this "Filter Definition"?

paulogalan_0-1632841051514.png

Regards

Paulo

Community Advisor

Hi @acc_acs,

Filter definitions are used not only on API rather it can be used on places like query activity etc. Also as i mentioned earlier workflow resource is limited in this case.

Your use case is peculiar maybe try open a support ticket by providing business needs and work with adobe support on this.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 5

@SatheeskannaK 

I've just opened case on Adobe Support to implement this improvement. Meanwhile I still using the "alternative" solution. If I want use "filter definition" on workflow custom resource, It's only accessible via Audience or query on workflows. Thanks for you time and for your clarifications. They were really helpful to me!

Kindest Regards

Paulo