Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

AC standard - Custom Resources publication

Level 4

Hi everybody,

I have a question about publishing custom resources.

I created some custom resources (SKU, SKU2 with format floating number but I never use them as destination for the fields to update.

Now, I have to change the format in text for these custom resources but when I prepare to publish I have an error :

error_CRpublication.png

sqltab.png

My question is: if I proceed with the publication, do I lose only the values of these custom resources or all the values related to the customer profiles?

Thanks,

Eveline

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Eveline,

As per the SQL script only the columns SKU1 and SKU2 are being dropped. Since the previous data type for them was floating point number a prefix 'f' was added to the names provided by you. At DB level the column names were fCusSKU and fCusSKU2.

Now since you are converting them to string the prefix will change to s. So old columns will be dropped and new columns will be created.

As you said, you never used the columns SKU and SKU2 for storing data against a profile, it should be fine to let the product drop those old columns.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Eveline,

As per the SQL script only the columns SKU1 and SKU2 are being dropped. Since the previous data type for them was floating point number a prefix 'f' was added to the names provided by you. At DB level the column names were fCusSKU and fCusSKU2.

Now since you are converting them to string the prefix will change to s. So old columns will be dropped and new columns will be created.

As you said, you never used the columns SKU and SKU2 for storing data against a profile, it should be fine to let the product drop those old columns.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

thank you! I tried to publish the custom resources with new format and it works like you said.

Thanks!

Eveline