Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Message Center - Enriching a trigger before passing to template - ACC v6.1

Level 3

Hi There

We would like to enrich data coming from an external trigger for Message Center with data from recipient schema, however, there seems to be no clear feature available. If we look at the below document, there is a single quote mentioned without an explanation as to how or where can we do this. Is there a way to enrich this?

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/PDF/message-center-v6.1-en.pdf

'Event enrichment prior to being transferred to a message template'  (Page 47)

Any past experience or hint will be welcome.

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

HI ankurm40172185,

The line around enrichment you are referring is part of paid engagement and is something which needs Adobe Consulting to be looped in.

There are other ways through which you can accomplish it.

1. Send all Recipient personalization data inside the ctx call itself, in case your external website has all the details readily available.

2. Before firing the API call, the external website, sends an API call to marketing to fetch the recipient details, add it to the ctx and then fire API call to Message Center

3. Make your external website fire Custom SOAP call on Marketing instance and not Message Center. This call is interpreted by your cusom JS code to be fetch recipient information and then prepare a final Message Center SOAP call which is fired from marketing to Message Center,

For option 3 you must have required hardware to bear the incoming load.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 3

Hi Vipul

Thanks for the reply. I notice that the PDF on the link has been removed?

I think we'd need to contact the CSM.

In any case I found the steps from old neolane docs; adding them here so that others can benefit.

Enriching an event means adding to its description thanks to a JavaScript function. For instance, you can add a preference in terms of the channel to be used, or compare two templates before linking an event to one of them.

To do this:

1 Create a JavaScript file in the Administration>Configurations>JavaScript Codes folder,

2 Deploy it on each existing execution instance,

3 Define the name of the JavaScript file in the MC_RoutingCustomJs library found in the Administration>Platform>Options folder.

The file must contain the methods for which a signature is defined in the library. After execution, the JavaScript function must return the name of the delivery to be linked to the event. This additional data can be available in an external database. Make sure the execution instances are able to access it using SOAP calls.