Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Issue in displaying content of email delivery

Level 4

Hi All,

We have spanish content in email .We are getting some numbers when there are some characters like ó ,á. Is there any way to fix this issue?

ex: ecológico is displayed as ecológico

Kindly provide some inputs if anyone faced similar kind of issue

Thanks,

Maheswari

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Maheswarik,

Most of the time, it happens when the character set differs between your AC instance and your template delivery and/or HTML charset declaration.

For instance if your database/AC instance uses Win1252 or ISO8859P13 (or some tables/columns) while the html template/delivery is made with utf8 encoding/charset. Or vice&versa for charsets.

In order to be sure, you can check real encoding of your html code by using an editor as Notepad++ or Ultraedit or other editor tools with their encoding tool; and either convert the html code or/and check coherence with your AC.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 4

Hi J-Serge,

how can i check what encoding my adobe campaign instance uses?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi,

It depends on your db. For postgres run this in a js activity in a workflow, then check the audit log:

logInfo(sqlGetString('select pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) from pg_database'));

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

This is a good reference for HTML encoded alternatives, which you'll want to make sure you're using in your source code for special characters rather than copying from another program or letting a WYSIWYG auto-encode for you: HTML Codes - Table of ascii characters and symbols