Highlighted

How to track dynamic URL's present in Email Delivery of Campaign?

SriBhargav94-go

08-05-2019

Hello Folks,

We have some dynamic URL's that are present in Email Content. They are not getting tracked initially, later with the inputs from some of our forums members , i changed the URL to make it tracked.

Initial URL configured was <a href="<%= targetData.myUrl %>h8h8h7h6-3jhk-23rt-987d-2jk4l5m678bv">. Here entire Protocol and Domain Name are personalized and coming from the transition data.

I followed 2 approaches:

1. Changed the URL as <a href="https://<%= targetData.myUrl %>h8h8h7h6-3jhk-23rt-987d-2jk4l5m678bv"> kept protocol outside and able to track now. (This is not recommended approach)

2. Use of <%@ instructions <a href="<%@ include view='myUrl' %>h8h8h7h6-3jhk-23rt-987d-2jk4l5m678bv" _label="My URL">Click here</a> where i created a personalized block and configured the scriptlet there. It is getting tracked and working fine.

But in the above 2 approaches, URL's are getting tracked with Scriptlet. I want exact URL value that is present inside the Scripltet. My final output should be: https://www.xyz.com/text&id=h8h8h7h6-3jhk-23rt-987d-2jk4l5m678bv but not <%= targetData.myUrl %>h8h8h7h6-3jhk-23rt-987d-2jk4l5m678bv

Could some please help me on this requirement, as usual quick help is appreciated

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

Replies

Highlighted

wodnicki

MVP

08-05-2019

Hi,

This can't be done normally since personalization happens after tracking URL parsing.

It can be done with some bad gymnastics, by storing myUrl to broadLog and having a workflow alter trackingUrl etc after the fact.

Thanks,

-Jon

Highlighted

DavidKangni

MVP

09-05-2019

Jon,

In the CMS you can implement javascript template and compute the urls in the content management workflow activity. It's work a bit as the html rendering in the interaction module.

1749997_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

David

Highlighted

SriBhargav94-go

14-05-2019

Thanks for all your responses,

I haven't used CMS Module ever. But we can try the way what Jon mentioned.

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

Highlighted

terranw

03-03-2020

Hi (@DavidKangni) David, 

Would you be willing to go into a little more detail about this process and it's involvement of CMS?

Thank you, 

Terran