Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How to Enable CORS in Adobe Campaign

Level 4

Hi all,

so we wanted to add some new Fonts in our templates, but we couldn't, after some research we found that we need to enable CORS in our servers.

We have IIS servrer, so we looked into this documentation : https://enable-cors.org/server_iis7.html , but we couldn't find the web.config file.

The question here is where we can find that file inside the server? And if there isn't and we wanna create it, where exactly we can put the file ? Or if we can enable it using other way ?

Thanks,

Badr.

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

IIS uses the dir the site is being hosted out of for its web.config, akin to Apache's .htaccess file.

For your site, look at the url your fonts are hosted out of, then follow the same path in Windows Explorer; e.g. for http://example.com/res/fonts, the root is the parent of the res\fonts dir.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 4

Hi Jon and thanks for your answer,

The problem here is that I can't upload fonts to the delivery, shows me that error :

1851167_pastedImage_0.png

After i searched for that, I found a similar post that have more or less the same problem, where your answer was to enable CORS :

Using new font in AC templates 

I just wanna try to enable CORS to see if that the main problem, if it is, how i can enable CORS ?  

If not, how i can upload fonts to a delivery template in adobe campaign classic ?

Thanks,

Badr.

Community Advisor

Hello Badr, Did you try upload your fonts under Resources > Online > Public Resources and use the url from there in the delivery template. It should work that way. Thanks, Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi Manoj and thanks for your answer,

No, didn't work, we did try that too and keep loading without final result.

Thanks,

Badr.

Community Advisor

Hello Badr, You can try this to enable CORS in server config file

<responseHeader name="" value="*.domain name"/>

Thanks, Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi Manoj,

Still not working, same error when i try to upload the fonts.

Thanks,

Badr.

Level 5

Hi,

From the screenshot above, seems like the font that you have uploaded, delivery is considering as an image. It should be font type and in Adobe campaign it will be considered as 'Other type' in file resources. As Manoj told, you can do following:

Then take the URL from public file resource and use in webapps. This works for us.

Note: For email, custom fonts might not work. Hope you know the limitations of email rendering in different email clients.

Thanks.

Level 4

Hi,

Yeah i've tried the solution proposed by Manoj, but keeps loading without any final result, for a file of less than 30kb was on load more than 20 minutes.

Thanks,

Badr.

Community Advisor

Hello Badr,

Did you try opening that font url directly in the browser? If the url is not loading for more than 20 minutes then there is a possibility that the DNS is not resolving.

And if the page is still loading then the CORS issue is solved, because the browser will immediately block the url request if the domain is not authorized for any request.

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi Manoj,

Yeah I opened the font url in a browser, which get downloaded in the moment, then when i try to upload that file in the Adobe Campaign, using both ways : directly from template or from resources, none of the ways work.

I'm not sure if that problem have relation with CORS, just i keep trying different ways to solve the main problem of uploading fonts.

Thanks,

Badr.

Community Advisor

Hello Badr,

Will it be possible for you to share a test email? May be we will able to troubleshoot more with that.

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi Manoj,

isn´t something with the email or the template, is something with uploading fonts to adobe campaign,

for example i downloaded .ttf file, i went to Resources > online > public resources to upload the file to the server. after selecting the ttf file it stays like that :

1851561_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Badr.

Community Advisor

Hello Badr Can you check the serverconfig for the allowed extension?  I believe .ttf extension is not whitelisted in serverconfig. Thanks, Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn