Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How to check if Delivery Content is empty or not before sending?

Level 7

Hello Folks,

I would like to understand is there any way to check if content actually exists in the delivery, before sending it to recipients?

Below validation should happen:

1. If Content exists, then delivery will be sent as usual.

2. If Content doesn't exist, then no delivery will be sent.

We can make use of Delivery Approvals like Content Approval, where assigned operator/group will receive the approval notification and are able to view the content before sending.

Let's assume content is rejected and all operators will be notified about the same. But

Question 1: Will the delivery be stopped from sending without throwing any error or will it throw any error?

Question 2: I would like to send out a Notification / Alert informing today's delivery is not sent, how can i achieve it?

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

2 Replies

Level 8

Hi SriBhargav94​,

Create a typology rule which will be helpful to check whether the content exists or not in the delivery before sending. Configure it like the delivery won't go out if the content is not exist in the delivery (same like subject validation).

Better to check the content of the delivery by sending proofs. Once everything looks good and met the criteria later you can send mail.

Regards,

Venu

Level 7

Hi Venu,

Thanks for your input! But we are thinking of not to have any kind of proof check here .

Let me give you context, Content is coming from AEM. There are 10 query builder components in the AEM Email template. If any one of the component gives 0 results, we should not send email from Campaign. We already implemented functionality of hiding a component whenever it gives 0 results in AEM. But when it is synced to campaign, it doesn't understand it as component specific instead it considers it as just plain HTML.

Since the template is getting synced at the time of execution, i want to make campaign understand that it should not send out any email in the above scenario

PS: I can check for content is empty or not. But along with dynamic content, there is a static content too.

Regards,

Sri Bhargav