Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Campaign Classic v7 - Multithreading API

Level 2

We are currently implementing the CRM connector between v7 and MS Dynamics 9 on prem. Microsoft is asking whether or not the API will handle multi-threading. I can't find any documentation around this and none of my contacts at Adobe have been able to answer this question. Any forum Experts or Adobe Staff that can answer this question. This is time sensitive as we are Architecting the solution with them now.

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Connector runs with libcurl in synchronous (single-thread, blocking) mode.

You can run multiple workflows with connector in parallel, though this is not considered best practice.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Jon

Thank you for your response. This is kinda disheartening....  So the multi-threading is only possibly between Standard and Dynamics 365 I guess....

Level 2

Jon

Thank you for your response. This is kinda disheartening....  So the multi-threading is only possibly between Standard and Dynamics 365 I guess....

Community Advisor

It's possible in ACC too. I've written high-perf connectors with configurable multithreading and db bulk loading.

Level 2

Any Documentation from Adobe on how you did that, or a start to that process? Client is worried about the weight of constant API calls during customer fetches in the call center and brick and mortar locations to Campaign to retrieve current campaigns and offers. Microsoft said that their side can handle the multi-threading piece to help with this but I can't for the life of me find any documentation with the Adobe logo talking to this point.

I was able to find this https://forums.adobe.com/message/10890133#10890133 thread that says something about the API calls being limited to 1000 per session but again, nothing from Adobe proper.

Community Advisor

Are you trying to show Campaign data in Dynamics? No API needed for that, just host jssp's out of Campaign.

Level 2

Yes and no. The client wants the ability to have a campaign history available in Dynamics for customer touch points offline. So within the CRM connector there is the update table in campaign then also the sync between the Dynamics table and the Campaign table. The Web Services API from what I have found is a 1 call per insert update. So a campaign that has 100k people in it would take 100k Web Services API calls to sync the tables. This is Microsoft's preferred way. Im trying to explore if there is a way that a possible "custom" RESTful environment could be built to multi-thread this and have more data in less calls transferred.

Community Advisor

Just host an iframe in Dynamics. I worked on a video showcasing this specific use case (Dynamics hosting Campaign reports, UI) for a conference booth last year. Activity logs shouldn't be synchronized over API if any other option is available.

Level 2

I think I saw that video. The issue here is not the reporting, but rather the ability for customers to accept the campaign in an offline channel. i.e. Campaign for skipping a payment around holidays gets sent out. Customer gets the email and opens it but does not respond to the CTA. 4 days later they are in a branch and the teller pulls up there account and they see they have most recently been offered this campaign along with a separate campaign for a credit cart. The tell engages the customer about the payment skip and it gets accepted along with an application for a credit card. The teller marks the campaign as accepted and that information then is transmitted back to Campaign so that person will be suppressed on the next delivery.