Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Attaching a file generated by an export to a delivery

Level 3

Hi all,

I'm trying to achieve the same thing as Raaghu on his thread here:

Campaign Delivery- Attachment

Unfortunately it seems that my delivery is failing and can't upload the file to the mid sourcing server.

1789300_pastedImage_5.png

Do I have to prepare anything before the send? I can confirm that the file exists, as the file is present in the ...<instance>/export folder

Thanks,

Erik

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

For calculated attachment you're responsible for uploading the file to midsource app server(s) ahead of the delivery.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 3

Hello,

You should Upload the file to the midsource server in the folder Public resources if you want to refer it as a link

1790018_pastedImage_0.png

or you can attach the file directly in the delivery

Level 3

Thanks yassinen, wodnicki. How do I go about uploading the file programatically? The original forum question and responses didn't mention an activity to have the file uploaded to the midsourcing server after the csv is generated via the Data Extraction (file) step. I can confirm that the file is in the .../public/export/myfile.csv.

Thanks

Level 3

Hoping someone can help with the last bit of info I need.

Thank you,

Erik

Community Advisor

Hi,

Public resources are for referencing from the email, e.g. links and images.

For attachments you would have to transfer the file ahead of the delivery with a File transfer activity or via shell code.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 3

Hi Jon,

How do I go about setting up the file transfer activity to the midsourcing server? Do I need to set up an external account and where do I get the details to connect to it?

Thanks,

Erik