Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕ [Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] September 22nd, 8am PT: Tamara Wulf, Deliverability Consultant, Earl Ross, Sr Business Consultant & Chakravarthy Kalva, Senior Product Manager☕

Administrator

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

Join us for our next Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 @ 8am PT

We will be joined by Tamara Wulf aka @tarobert, Deliverability Consultant, Earl Ross aka @earlr78004515, Sr Business Consultant & Chakravarthy Kalva aka @chakravarthyk, Senior Product Manager who will be signed in here to chat directly with you and to take your queries pertaining to the topics discussed in the webinar scheduled for September 15th, 2022, as part of the Adobe Campaign Insider Webinar Series: Checklist for Success During the Holidays and Peak Seasons as well as to their areas of expertise:

• Best practices in deliverability during peak seasons
  • Campaign instance and performance tuning
  • Experience Optimization
  • Leveraging Control Panel to track and monitor any application infra and performance issues

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  • Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

Tamara.jpgTamara has extensive experience in email marketing, deliverability, segmentation, dynamic content/personalization, CRM, and loyalty campaigns. She is a certified user of multiple marketing technologies. She is highly regarded in the industry and recognized for fostering and maintaining strong client and vendor relationships.

00225361.jpgChakravarthy Kalva is a seasoned Technical Product Manager with vast experience in CRM domain, especially Sales and Marketing. He has been in this space for over 8+ years and is part of Adobe Campaign Product Management evangelizing Adobe’s campaign product.

00201056.jpgEarl has been in the email and digital marketing space for over 15 years and has held positions on both the vendor and client side including the past 7 years working on Adobe Campaign. He’s part of the Campaign Managed Services team at Adobe and is a trusted advisor to his customers.

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

19 Replies

Employee

Hi All, We are live and if you have any questions on Control Panel please do go ahead and post your questions. 

Level 1

Question that came up during a recent discussion with a customer: How long does subdomain configuration typically take via control panel? 

Employee

You can always trigger the subdomain delegation process from Control Panel. It has a sequence of steps and there is one step before the operation is complete which is 'Deliverability Audit', this step is manual and can take 1-2 days as this step involves Adobe team to check and ensure all the setting on the domain are ok. Once this manual check is complete only then we mark the entire process of subdomain delegation as 'Complete'. 

Level 1

One other question that came up post webinar: is there an easy way to identify workflows using the "keep interim results option"?

Employee

Control Panel does help in tracking WF best practices through the card "Performance Monitoring" -> "DB Performance" -> "Storage overview" click "view all" to view workflows and deliveries that are contributing to the temp storage. As part of this view you can choose WFs or select "Temporary Table" to view all those workflows that are contributing to it. Which essentially means, "Keep Intern Results" on the workflow is 'ON'. Here is a screenshot...

Keep Interm Results - CP.jpg

Employee

@chakravarthyk, Is Control Panel supported for Hybrid deployments?    

Thank you for your question. Yes, Control Panel supports AC hybrid deployments. Please make a note that not all functions and features of Control Panel are available for these because of the nature of the deployment. Here are the supported features. 

Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @jyotiyadav3 :

When I run a delivery, delivery to a recipient email address fails and the error message which I get is 'Unreachable'. Failure Type is 'Ignored'. I want my address to be set to quarantine or any other status(as 'with error', 'blacklisted') once the count of error reaches 5. However, this address never moves to Campaign Mangament --> Non Deliverables Management --> Non Deliverables and Addresses

Sukrity_Wadhwa_0-1663860141438.png

What changes I should do to make address as quaratine, if error count increases beyond five.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/my-email-is-not-de...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

There are certain bounces that are not considered permanent and won't be added to quarantine. This is common for dead domains that are no longer set up to receive mail. It's best to suppress those domains because they can eventually become spam traps and begin delivering again but have a negative impact on your deliverability. 

Here is some documentation on managing the quarantine table. If you need further help, I'd have to reach out to a more technical resource. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/monitoring-deliverie... 

Administrator

Hi @tarobert,

One thing that customers frequently want to know about is that what are the most common deliverability issues faced during the holiday/peak season? It would be great if you can share some insights on that.

Thanks in advance!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

I typically see a couple recurring themes. 

1. Spikes in sending volume

This can cause issues with certain ISPs. They monitor you email volumes and a sudden spike is viewed as a spammer tactic and they will send email to the spam folder. There is no immediate fix for this type of reputation issue and it can take time to resolve. It's always best to ramp the volume up gradually. Almost like a mini IP warming. 

2. Expanding targeting to reach inactive audiences

This can cause deliverability issues if you have a larger number of these bounce, have a higher rate of complaints or as mentioned above - it creates a larger volume that you typically send. I would recommend a reactivation campaign prior to the peak season and only send to those that still show an interested in the brand. 

Administrator

Here's another community question that was originally posted by Community member @steveh12479324:

"

Hi all,

Is anyone utilising Google's AMP format for email in the multipart message of the email (in addition to the familiar multipart HTML and plain-text format) in Adobe Campaign?

If so, any experience of setting this up? I.e. Does Campaign allow this, steps involved in setting-up of the additional format/mime-type in the platform, any deliverability issues encountered etc?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

"

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/google-s-amp-forma...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

This is a fully live feature for Adobe Campaign Classic! I haven't personally worked with any customers that have implemented it but here is the documentation.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/google-s-amp-forma...

Level 2

Hello,
Just wanted to know exactly what should I be monitoring to identify whether I have an email deliverability issue or not?

Thanks,

TG

Level 3
  • Delivered rates should be 99% or higher.
  • High bounce rates need to be addressed. It could be a sign of poor acquisition practices or a block at a particular ISP.
  • Adobe’s terminology for complaints is Denylist Rate – monitor this and keep it below 0.1%.
  • You’ll also want to look at engagement Rates by Domain – we all know Apple MPP is inflating open rates across all domains but at this time inbox placement issues can still be identified using open rate. Consistency across all domains along with a high reputation suggests mail is landing in the inbox. One or more domains with a significantly lower open/click rate indicates that a portion of mail is landing in spam folders and needs remediation.
  • Check your Unsubscribe Rates – first of all ensure your unsubscribe is functioning and further analyze any spikes above 0.5%

If you see any issues with these metrics, you’ll want to work to remediate as soon as possible. Depending on the issue and the longevity of the issue, it could take weeks or even months to fix.

Employee

One can also leverage the "verify domain" function provided by Control Panel on the subdomains delegated, this helps one to check the health of the domain and understand any issues on the delegated domain. As this function does audit for any deliverability issues in the background.

Administrator

Thanks a lot @ChakravarthyKalva@tarobert & @earlr78004515 for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was supremely helpful for the Campaign Community. 

Sukrity Wadhwa

Administrator

Lastly, for all those who are integrating Adobe Campaign with other Experience Cloud products and solving their business problems, this is your chance to share your story and shine out - 

Enter the Experience League Showcase — a one-of-a-kind contest that gives you the opportunity to show how you are integrating multiple Adobe Experience Cloud products to build incredible customer experiences and stand a chance to win in one of the categories. 

Submit your story today. https://adobe.ly/3CP9UOZ

Sukrity Wadhwa