Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕[Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] 6/24/21, 8am PT: Tamara Robertson, Deliverability Consultant☕

Administrator

Join us for our very first biweekly Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, June 24th, 2021 @ 8am PT

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

We'll be joined by Tamara Robertson aka @tarobert, Deliverability Consultant for Adobe Campaignwho will be signed in here to the Adobe Campaign Community to chat directly with you on this thread to take your Adobe Campaign questions pertaining to her areas of expertise:

• Deliverability best practices
  • Driving revenue with deliverability
  • Deliverability and Adobe

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

1. Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  2. Must post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  3. Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  2. Begin your Question with @tarobert 
  3. When exchanging messages with Tamara about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Tamara

Tamara.jpg

Tamara has 12 years of experience in both campaign management and hands-on email execution with a concentrated focus on email deliverability. She uses her expertise and passion for problem solving to make recommendations for optimization, remediation, and emphasizes adherence to best practices.

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

18 Replies

Level 1

@tarobert With cookieless world to kick off in bigger spirits next year, are we expecting to see any new enhancements in Adobe Campaign in the recent future?

Level 3

@shagun1982 wrote:

@tarobert With cookieless world to kick off in bigger spirits next year, are we expecting to see any new enhancements in Adobe Campaign in the recent future?

No new features specific to Adobe Campaign, per se. There will be further integrations with the Adobe Experience Platform and Real-time CDP. Check them out:
https://business.adobe.com/products/experience-platform/adobe-experience-platform.html
https://business.adobe.com/products/real-time-customer-data-platform/RTCDP.html

Additional resources:

Adobe Blog: Privacy and personalization: Can they coexist in a cookieless world?

Summit 2021 Session: Reaching Customers in a Cookieless World

Level 1

Hi @tarobert , How to handle deliverability in B2B space where most of the contacts have custom email domain and different orgs use different filtering services like Mimecast, Proofpoint etc as well. 

Level 3

@purishubham wrote:

Hi @tarobert , How to handle deliverability in B2B space where most of the contacts have custom email domain and different orgs use different filtering services like Mimecast, Proofpoint etc as well. 

It can be a little tricky to overcome corporate spam filters. They can customize those filters and most are very strict. It's important to make sure you have a solid infrastructure, which Adobe Campaign provides. SPF and DKIM authentication should be passing. Just like with any email program, make sure you are sending to people who want to receive your mail because spam complaints are one of the most damaging responses a subscriber could have. Keep spam traps off your list, keep unknown users (hard bounces) low. Persmission is key to all of this. 

Level 3

Hi Adobe Campaign Community,

I'm happy to be here and answer your deliverability questions. Hope you have your coffee and are ready to chat! Shoot your questions over!

Tamara

Level 1

Could you please help me understand the reason behind MomenCode_24 Timeout errors. How to avoid these errors ?

Level 3

@purishubham wrote:

Could you please help me understand the reason behind MomenCode_24 Timeout errors. How to avoid these errors ?

I will respond shortly. Just want to verify something.

Level 3

@purishubham wrote:

This could be caused by a various number of things. It could be due to resource issues on the receiving mail server side or could be throttling or rate limiting. Do you have any more specific information you could provide about when you receive this? I typically need to look into the instance to troubleshoot undelivered mail.

Level 1

I have experienced these very randomly and I send large volumes using wave feature but that hasn't been much of help. If the cause is the limitation on receiving mail server, does that mean we have to manually throttle the volume for such domains. Any other to way to control that in AC ?

Level 3

@purishubham wrote:

I have experienced these very randomly and I send large volumes using wave feature but that hasn't been much of help. If the cause is the limitation on receiving mail server, does that mean we have to manually throttle the volume for such domains. Any other to way to control that in AC ?

Usually once a solid reputation is achieved those errors shouldn't happen frequently. Are you a new sender and what volumes are sending?

Level 1

We have solid reputation, not a new sender and volumes are upto 2M. It happens randomly to some deliveries where the delivery rate goes down to 70-80% from 95%. Any advice here would be helpful. Thank you for the chat. Have a good day.

Administrator

Hi @tarobert, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @Clarence_Bunch : “What is the best method to do Deliverability IP Warming in AC.  This is the first big send email send and a reputation need to be established? Should use waves as displayed below:
[image attached in the thread]
What are your thoughts?”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/deliverability-ip-...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

@Sukrity_Wadhwa wrote:

Hi @tarobert, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @Clarence_Bunch : “What is the best method to do Deliverability IP Warming in AC.  This is the first big send email send and a reputation need to be established? Should use waves as displayed below:
[image attached in the thread]
What are your thoughts?”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/deliverability-ip-...

Usually we customize the IP warming plan for each customer. The general recommendation is to start with low volumes and increase gradually by sending slightly larger volumes each day. So you typically continue to increase the volume by around 10% starting out and then can increase at a faster pace after a reputation has been established. 

You might reach out to your CSM because custom IP warming plans are typically included with Adobe Campaign onboarding. 

Administrator

Hi @tarobert Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @adityak32597928  : “I am looking for best practices to recommend number of outgoing IPs for an internal licensing. Is there a best practices document I can refer to formulate this?”
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/best-practices-deliverabili...

Thank you

Level 3

@Jagpreet_Singh_ wrote:

Hi @tarobert Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @adityak32597928 : “I am looking for best practices to recommend number of outgoing IPs for an internal licensing. Is there a best practices document I can refer to formulate this?”
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/best-practices-deliverabili...

Thank you

Without additional context, we'd recommend the number of IPs based on volume. A good rule of thumb is 1 IP per 1 million. So if you're planning to send 10 million messages in a single delivery on a regular basis, 10 IPs might be a good place to start. It can also depend on the sending strategy. We might recommend more IPs if there are multiple sending domains and we want to keep that reputation separate. Also, there could be a reason to break out different campaign types on different IPs. It's really something we customize based on the sender.

Administrator

Hi @tarobert , 

Here's another question which was originally posted by Community member @prateekkumar1 : “How to improve email contact deliverability on Microsoft Outlook(eg. images load automatically > Open rates improve). The emails are sent from Adobe Campaign.”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/adobe-campaign-imp...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

@Sukrity_Wadhwa wrote:

Hi @tarobert , 

Here's another question which was originally posted by Community member @prateekkumar1 : “How to improve email contact deliverability on Microsoft Outlook(eg. images load automatically > Open rates improve). The emails are sent from Adobe Campaign.”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/adobe-campaign-imp...

Deliverability has 2 parts. First you have to be accepted by the ISP so if MSFT is bouncing your email that is likely reputation based or an issue with infrastructure. If you're emails are not bouncing but you are seeing a lower open rate for MSFT, it's likely because a percentage of your emails are landing in the spam folder. MSFT is one of the slower ISPs to warm. It takes longer to build a reputation with them so if you're a new sender it's common to see a lower open rate. They also seem to be sensitive to spikes in volume so if you don't have a consistent sending frequency and volume that could be contributing. As far as images downloading, that is a preference of the user and if the user adds you as a safe sender the images will download automatically but there isn't much that can be done to force that. You could design your emails with less images so that more content is visible with out downloading. 

Administrator

Thanks a lot @tarobert for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was supremely helpful. 

Sukrity Wadhwa