Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Workflow often run for a long time and failed

Level 4

Our Adobe Campaign instance has two application server and two web server. When I run a workflow to do an enrichment activity, it often run for a long time, and failed after 2h 11m 18s.  It looks like a time out error.

When I tried to unconditional stop the workflow when it run for a long time, it always failed to stop it. The following error message is displayed

felixsongfei_0-1634024052466.png

I wonder if multiple server are causing this problem,can any one advise how can I find the root cause of the issue? thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hello, It seems that you have many servers dedicated to workflow process (runwf), you need to check on which affinity the workflow is declared as this affinity will decide on which server it will run:
when you do a such operation (unconditionnal stop), you're not connected on the same wfServer than workflow... This is what is causing the error message

But regarding the root cause of your workflow issue, I don't think it has something to do with it, you should log SQL queries (workflow properties) and analyse them with your DBA in order to know what is causing the performance issue... 90% of the time, this is not due to the WFServer itself but from the DB performances.
You'll then have to
- rework your workflow in order to optimize it
- create some aggregates in order to do not recompute everything everytime
- create some indexes at schema level
(it can be all 3 solutions)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hello, It seems that you have many servers dedicated to workflow process (runwf), you need to check on which affinity the workflow is declared as this affinity will decide on which server it will run:
when you do a such operation (unconditionnal stop), you're not connected on the same wfServer than workflow... This is what is causing the error message

But regarding the root cause of your workflow issue, I don't think it has something to do with it, you should log SQL queries (workflow properties) and analyse them with your DBA in order to know what is causing the performance issue... 90% of the time, this is not due to the WFServer itself but from the DB performances.
You'll then have to
- rework your workflow in order to optimize it
- create some aggregates in order to do not recompute everything everytime
- create some indexes at schema level
(it can be all 3 solutions)