Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

When to use Change data source activity

Level 1

I'm trying to explore this new activity in V8 and while doing testing, I observed that the workflow is running without using Change data source activity. Below is the scenario that I was testing:

Created one schema in local and one in Cloud. Queried both schemas and intersected on email address field, which is the common field for both, keeping the primary set as cloud schema. The workflow ran successfully. 

chinchu_mohandas_0-1643281476743.png

But when I kept the primary set as local schema, it kept failing due to:

01/25/2022 3:07:08 AM union PGS-220000 PostgreSQL error: ERROR: COALESCE types integer and character varying cannot be matched LINE 1: ...yaltyBalance) SELECT DISTINCT Coalesce(Input1.iId,Input2.uId... ^ .

When do we actually need to use Change Data source activity? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Chinchu,

The Change Data source activity should only be leveraged when pulling data from an external database connection. That said, your data types still need to match in order for them to be reconciled.

Activity documentation:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/targeting-a...

If you are still having issues utilizing the activity, I would suggest opening a ticket with Campaign Support to review the error.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Chinchu,

The Change Data source activity should only be leveraged when pulling data from an external database connection. That said, your data types still need to match in order for them to be reconciled.

Activity documentation:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/targeting-a...

If you are still having issues utilizing the activity, I would suggest opening a ticket with Campaign Support to review the error.

Regards,

Craig

Employee

Hi, 

Here are a set of videos we just published and that could help you understanding the usage pattern for Change data source activity.