Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Web Tracking Tags Vs Tracking Clicks under Tracking Logs

Level 2

Hi,

What is the difference between web tracking tags vs tracking open/clicks under tracking logs? What are we trying to acheive basically by implementing web tracking tags? How we want to test this feature? 

Note: I have setup one web tracking tag and pasted the code under the page. Followed the steps with following link. Just want to proceed further for testing the same. How should I proceed further? Do I need to implement anything rather than this steps

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/setting-...

-Roys

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Web tracking tags are HTML code you paste on your website.
Basically, you'll then be able to track (through the trackinglogRcp schema) what your recipients are doing after they've clicked in the email

One of the best example is, imagine you're sending a promotion for sales on your website
On a normal basis, you have the tracking about the openers and the clickers...
But that's all: there is no direct link between those figures and tracking on the website
Inserting webtracking tag on your website, would then permit you to know which recipient, targetted in the delivery, bought a product: you can then calculate the turn over generated with your sent delivery

Unfortunately, webtracking tags feature will be abandonned from Neolane (oups, adobe campaign) as this feature can be bundeled with other Adobe features such as Adobe Experience Manager. And even if you are not interested into, you can synch with services like mix panel, etc

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Web tracking tags are HTML code you paste on your website.
Basically, you'll then be able to track (through the trackinglogRcp schema) what your recipients are doing after they've clicked in the email

One of the best example is, imagine you're sending a promotion for sales on your website
On a normal basis, you have the tracking about the openers and the clickers...
But that's all: there is no direct link between those figures and tracking on the website
Inserting webtracking tag on your website, would then permit you to know which recipient, targetted in the delivery, bought a product: you can then calculate the turn over generated with your sent delivery

Unfortunately, webtracking tags feature will be abandonned from Neolane (oups, adobe campaign) as this feature can be bundeled with other Adobe features such as Adobe Experience Manager. And even if you are not interested into, you can synch with services like mix panel, etc

Level 2

Thanks mate. Is it abandonned ?

So cant we implement web tracking tags now? mine 6.1.1 version. It is still avaialble under the client console. Please correct me if m wrong.

Level 6

As you can see, web tracking is unsupported in V8:
Campaign Classic v7 - Campaign v8 capability matrix | Adobe Campaign

This said, you can implement it on your 6.11 version but think about the future: once 6.11 will be unsupported by Adobe (end of extended support in march 2022), you'll have to upgrade your environment.
If you're implementing it today, you'll have to upgrade only on V7

Level 3

Hi @LaurentLam,

Is there any possibility to track the recipient email IDs (those are NOT received the emails and they came through different channel like social media or any ads but not via any EMAIL ) who viewed the web pages where having the web tracking tags inside? Idea to track the list of recipients who viewed the pages and no of times through different sources but not from email.

Metric to capture: How many visit along with recipient ID who not came through email.

Thanks

Level 6

No, as the webTracking tag has been designed in order to track what recipients are doing on the website after clicking in the email.
For your need, you cannot use this approach and more rely on different solutions such as AEM / google analytics / mix panel / etc