Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Web App input type=tel

Level 2

Hey,

I am currently trying to set up a landing page where one of the inputs is a telephone number.

<input name="phonenumber" title="Confirm your Phone Number:" class="textInput defaultText" id="control_PHONENUMBER" style="border-radius: 6px; margin: 0 3px 5px 0px;" oninput="updatePhoneNumber(this.value)" type="tel" placeholder="555-555-5555" pattern="[0-9]{3}-[0-9]{3}-[0-9]{4}" label="phonenumber" />

I have saved this code a few times, and when I reopen, the type is changed to text. Any suggestions on how to get it to get for a phone number?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @bryceh57660644 ,

After Making changes to your input form from the source tab of page activity. DONT navigate to editor tab. This will convert the type='tel' to type='text'. 

So whenever you are opening the activity. Navigate immediately to source tab. DONT let the editor tab load.

This will fix the issue. Sharing the screen of how it is appearing for me by following this approach

manojk62306941_0-1591164621302.png

Let me know if that helps

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @bryceh57660644 ,

After Making changes to your input form from the source tab of page activity. DONT navigate to editor tab. This will convert the type='tel' to type='text'. 

So whenever you are opening the activity. Navigate immediately to source tab. DONT let the editor tab load.

This will fix the issue. Sharing the screen of how it is appearing for me by following this approach

manojk62306941_0-1591164621302.png

Let me know if that helps

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn