Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Version control / Dev Ops and Campaign Classic

Level 2

Hi all! I've recently started a new role, working on the platform layer of our Adobe Campaign Classic V7 platform.

One of the challenges we face as users of Campaign Classic is a lack of automation and governance around platform changes to Adobe Campaign. For example, schema changes, technical workflows, enumerations, and navigation hierarchies. Making, testing and deploying changes to these objects is all very "manual", with packages and manual deployment steps leaving us exposed to risk from human error, concurrent user changes, overwriting stuff, and moving object definitions through staging to our live service.

I've already asked, and there are no plans to introduce version control or DevOps features into V8, so I was wondering if anyone has come up with their own solutions to automation and release governance.

I've been writing a Python library, wrapping up the session, queryDef, event, and specFile interfaces. I wonder if there's some potential in there somewhere to automate some sort of object fetch and push, that could be integrated into Azure DevOps, GitHub or whatever.

I'm really interested in hearing what others are doing, and whether there's a desire for a community-driven project to build something we could all use to make the day-to-day management of our Campaign instances a little easier.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @IainOllerenshaw,

what changes you want to promote between environments? Because you have user content (mess) and you have technical features build by developers (good stuff), settings, enums... I guess by proper naming convention and running automation on demand, that will package all the changes and  then push them to git and on the other environment you can pull the changes and extract package with another automation. Then you can build web app to control all over API and just click to deploy and sip coffee.

I can help you build something for that

Marcel Szimonisz

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @IainOllerenshaw,

what changes you want to promote between environments? Because you have user content (mess) and you have technical features build by developers (good stuff), settings, enums... I guess by proper naming convention and running automation on demand, that will package all the changes and  then push them to git and on the other environment you can pull the changes and extract package with another automation. Then you can build web app to control all over API and just click to deploy and sip coffee.

I can help you build something for that

Marcel Szimonisz

Administrator

Hi @IainOllerenshaw,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa