Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

use api to get email content from CMS

Level 1

Hi everyone,

i want to know if it's possible to use api to get email content from CMS in Adobe campaign classique.

The CMS is  https://dartagnan.io.

My needs are to create the content in this CMS, then use the html in the delivery by using an api.

Every answer is welcome.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

First of all, on the CMS part, you will need an endpoint where you'll be able to select a email content and once selected, the CMS returns the HTML back to the calling system, Campaign in our end, then in Campaign, you can customise the Delivery form to add a button that would use the new endpoint, once you've got the HTML you will save it in the field content\html\source, you will also need to get the Text version of the email that you would save in the field content/text/source....

Certainly doable, but not everything is Campaign related, the CSM needs to provide the right service too...

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Neo_Dia 

As we work with Dartagnan (and my colleague developped the API to do exactly what you are trying), this is definitively possible.

You should ask them for some documentation, then you can make an HTTP / REST call with the HttpClientRequest object, in a JS Script (into a JSSP, a workflow etc.)

Cedric

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

First of all, on the CMS part, you will need an endpoint where you'll be able to select a email content and once selected, the CMS returns the HTML back to the calling system, Campaign in our end, then in Campaign, you can customise the Delivery form to add a button that would use the new endpoint, once you've got the HTML you will save it in the field content\html\source, you will also need to get the Text version of the email that you would save in the field content/text/source....

Certainly doable, but not everything is Campaign related, the CSM needs to provide the right service too...

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

Level 2

Hi @Neo_Dia,

You can call your CMS API and store the HTML code response in the instance variable of the workflow. and later on in the delivery activity, write a script to take a HTML code from the instance variable.

Below is the sample code. 

nitesh_anwani_0-1628234583086.png

Regards,

Nitesh