Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Upload image on loadbalanced url

Level 2

Hi,

We have a client for which we have made a web portal on which the "content people" etc can go in and edit deliveries. The web portal use a custom domain for the client on loadbalanced frontal servers.

One of the most important features for this is to be able to upload an image and save it as a file resource to be referenced by the delivery. This is however the only feature that does not work.

The issue with uploading images is that it can end up on the wrong frontal server and hence cannot be moved to public directory from upload and cannot be published to all servers.

The upload dialog is a web app in an iframe and I've tried to hard code frontal server 1 to upload. This works for upload but I then cannot reference the image back to the parent window due to cross domain scripting policies.

I've also tried to save the file resource as in upload directory and not move it to public. This works but I cannot publish then and hence the image will only work when the frontal server where the image was uploaded to happens to be the one used by the load balancer.

How can I fix this issue? 

Do I have to configure a new custom domain that points to frontal server 1 and use that for this function or is there a better way?

Regards,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

My reply to this mat have dissapeared, but we need to use both frontal servers to balance rhe load from the send outs.
The only solution so far as I can see is to set a specific subdomain frontal server one for the we UI in which the deliveries with the uploaded images are made. This will allow for proper (custom) domain on the UI and for loadbalanced uploaded images to work on sendouts using both frontal servers. 
i was hoping there was some other solution to this…

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi @PLundmark ,

As per my understanding the domain which you are using has to be delegated to frontal server.

You need to get the subdomain delegation of domain you are using to upload a images otherwise all the images will not route to frontal server. Adobe server don't recognize any other domain apart from domain which is delegated to adobe server.

Hope it helps.

Level 2

The domain is delegated and working on the Adobe servers.

The problem is that there is more than one frontal server and the domain is pointing on the load balancer (as it should), but with the web app executing on a frontal server it will save the image to that frontal server on which it is executing, meaning that if that frontal server does not happen to be the main execution server the image cannot be moved or published, and hence not be used in emails.

Level 6

Hi @PLundmark ,

I got the same. Ok so we have functionality in adobe campaign in which you can define the container or one particular frontal server which will be used for sending out the email.

Raise a support ticket to adobe to get the sending of email through one particular frontal server on which you have web app executing so that any images for web-app will be picked from same frontal server.

This solution is normally used by customers who have multiple channels running on same instance and we divide the traffic allocating one frontal server to one particular channel for smooth processing.

This is only solution I am thinking as of now.

Correct answer by
Level 2

My reply to this mat have dissapeared, but we need to use both frontal servers to balance rhe load from the send outs.
The only solution so far as I can see is to set a specific subdomain frontal server one for the we UI in which the deliveries with the uploaded images are made. This will allow for proper (custom) domain on the UI and for loadbalanced uploaded images to work on sendouts using both frontal servers. 
i was hoping there was some other solution to this…