Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Updating primary key data type in Adobe Campaign

Level 1

Hi All,

We are trying to update the data type of primary key from int to text for one of the custom schemas in AC. However, does this mean do we need to truncate the table to process this through or can we retain the data ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi! We recently had to change the ID in all tables on our instance. Our approach was to create a new string type column and add the values there. After that we could change all the joins to that new data field, and lastly truncate only the "old" column

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi! We recently had to change the ID in all tables on our instance. Our approach was to create a new string type column and add the values there. After that we could change all the joins to that new data field, and lastly truncate only the "old" column

Administrator

Hi @tusharvats,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 1

Hi Tusharvats,

I hope you are doing well. I am experiencing a similar situation to yours.

However, I already changed the data type from the field "Adobe ID" which made me lose all the information regarding this field.

After realizing what we had done, we were able to generate a file with historical data using Pentaho. The idea was to create an "Update Workflow" and load this file into it.

However, we are getting several errors like the ones on the below picture. Would be able to help us?  

leraposo_0-1662999345090.png