Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Update Data activity - incompatible error

Level 2

I am simply trying to load a csv file using the Data loading activity, then use the Update data activity to insert/update into one of the data schema/tables I created. In the data loading activity where it says, 'click here to change the file format' I am letting it set the values as default 'string 255' for all the 4 columns that I have to insert. I am not sure if that is the reason why I am getting the below error.

Is there a way, I could keep the default the file format and still be able to insert the file? or not.

Error message: The document types of inbound events are incompatible. Unable to perform the operation.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Tahseen,

I would recommend going for string for col1, string for col2, and then integer for the remaining columns and add the necessary size to the data format.

Also, even though it will take longer, if you try and upload the data one column per upload you will be able to troubleshoot the issue a lot easier as you will see which column(s) is causing the error.

Without seeing the data it's hard for me to figure this out but col2 is set in the DB as string50. Are you sure that the data you are trying to upload adheres to this data type? It might be worth double checking this and increasing the size of the field in the DB if needs be.

Let us know how you get on!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi Tahseen. Check the format of the fields you are trying to enter the data into. This will tell you what format you need to use for each of your columns.

You can check the format in the 'data schemas' section of your environment.

Level 2

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for reaching out. I wasn't expecting any help anytime soon.

Below are my 4 columns names and their data formats in the Data schema where I created the table. As you can see I have 4 columns with 4 different data types that were created as per the business needs.

column name          Data format

col1long
col2string 50
col3boolean
col4uuid

List of options that the Data loading activity gives to pick and match the data format for each column based on the data schema being updated.

2018-12-18_8-47-28.png

22.png

If you had to pick a data format for the 4 columns from the list of values availabe in the screenshot i added, what would they be?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Tahseen,

I would recommend going for string for col1, string for col2, and then integer for the remaining columns and add the necessary size to the data format.

Also, even though it will take longer, if you try and upload the data one column per upload you will be able to troubleshoot the issue a lot easier as you will see which column(s) is causing the error.

Without seeing the data it's hard for me to figure this out but col2 is set in the DB as string50. Are you sure that the data you are trying to upload adheres to this data type? It might be worth double checking this and increasing the size of the field in the DB if needs be.

Let us know how you get on!

Level 2

Thanks Dave,

i was able to figure it out and change the data formats and it worked.

Appreciate the help!