Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Update Data Activity - incompatible error during updating fields between two tables with the same structure

Level 5

Hi there,

It's a simple task. I want to load from a source table to another table.

In this case I am making a query by Activity Query on a table (source table) and then using Activity Update Data to insert it into the <destination table>, which is empty.

The two tables have the same structure. But I still get an error that doesn't make sense:

WKF-560029 The document types of inbound events ('<source table>' and '<destination table>') are incompatible (step 'Update data 7'). Unable to perform the operation.

I've already done several tests. And so far I have no idea what could be causing this problem.

I believe it is a small detail. Because loading a table is a simple task. Someone outside the box help me see what I'm not seeing, please. Thanks!

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @acc_acs ,

The error message WKF-560029 in Adobe Campaign Classic means that there is some issue with the reconciliation key in the Update activity.

1. As I understood  first you used a query activity and read the data from source table.

Notes: Just make sure you have a primary key in your source  and destination table.

2. Then you use the update activity to insert the data in destination table.

3. Please check what has been selected in reconciliation.

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1695926344318.png

4. If you have used the first option as in this screenshot, then I would suggest you to select the third option "using reconciliation key"

5. Then select primary key of both source and destination table.

6. Make sure primary key of source and destination has same data type.

Normally it should be fix after that.

This error has been discussed on the below link also:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/help-with-error-wk...

Hope it will help you.

Kr,

Parvesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @acc_acs ,

The error message WKF-560029 in Adobe Campaign Classic means that there is some issue with the reconciliation key in the Update activity.

1. As I understood  first you used a query activity and read the data from source table.

Notes: Just make sure you have a primary key in your source  and destination table.

2. Then you use the update activity to insert the data in destination table.

3. Please check what has been selected in reconciliation.

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1695926344318.png

4. If you have used the first option as in this screenshot, then I would suggest you to select the third option "using reconciliation key"

5. Then select primary key of both source and destination table.

6. Make sure primary key of source and destination has same data type.

Normally it should be fix after that.

This error has been discussed on the below link also:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/help-with-error-wk...

Hope it will help you.

Kr,

Parvesh

Community Advisor

Hi @acc_acs ,

Few times Insert/Update will not work for Empty Table, as there are no records to be Updated,

Hence , Please try with Insert Option as highlighted below inside your Update Data activity for the first run

LakshmiPravallika_1-1695982948027.png

From the next runs, you can use Insert/Update Option to Update the records.

Also it is the best practice to Update Data using reconcilation keys (3rd Option in Screenshot) for the right Updates to happen.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 5

Many thanks @Parvesh_Parmar and @LakshmiPravallika !

Thanks for your answer! Yes. We can do it in several ways.
Sometimes when our heads are full of problems, we don't think things through.
And precisely with your help, this time using "using reconciliation keys", I managed to think better and solve the problem!

Have a nice weekend for us!

Regards