Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Update contents of field of type Cdata with JavaScript Activity

Level 2

I need to update the contents of various fields that appear in the marketing offers / offer weight tables from a workflow.

I have been able to update the contents of fields with datatype Expr with a JavaScript activity, but I do not seem to be able to update the contents of CData fields in this way.

Is there are way to do this from a workflow?

Thanks in advance for any responses.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Dandrews2 

In the JS activity I suppose you update your data with the xtk:session.Write method. Can you check the schema of the data you want to update please ?

The "filed" you try to update could be declared as an element and not an attribute.

In this case, you have to update it with a sub element and not a simple string / integer / boolean :

//E4X way, with XML notation
xtk.session.Write(<mySchema xtkschema="cus:mySchema" ...>
<subElement>MY NEW DATA</subElement>
</mySchema>);

//JXON way, with JSON notation
xtk.session.Write({
  mySchema : 
   { xtkschema : "cus:mySchema" ...
     subElement : { $ : "MY NEW DATA" }
  }
});

Hope this could help

Cedric

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Dandrews2 

In the JS activity I suppose you update your data with the xtk:session.Write method. Can you check the schema of the data you want to update please ?

The "filed" you try to update could be declared as an element and not an attribute.

In this case, you have to update it with a sub element and not a simple string / integer / boolean :

//E4X way, with XML notation
xtk.session.Write(<mySchema xtkschema="cus:mySchema" ...>
<subElement>MY NEW DATA</subElement>
</mySchema>);

//JXON way, with JSON notation
xtk.session.Write({
  mySchema : 
   { xtkschema : "cus:mySchema" ...
     subElement : { $ : "MY NEW DATA" }
  }
});

Hope this could help