Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Tracking clicks on the web app (v8)

Level 3

Hi,

I need to set up the landing page that will contain a short text and the button. If an user clicks on the button, I need to register that fact along with his/her id. The link to this web app will be sent only for recipients from the database, adding encrypted recipient id (domain.adobe-campaign.com/webApp/name?id=encryptedString123). It sounds fairly simply but after several attempts I cannot make it running. What I have tried so far?

1. Logging responses for web app: In the web app properties > General tab > Advanced parameters... > I checked the option "Log responses", but the Responses tab is missing any input form:

dwnuk_0-1708542970073.png

2. Web tracking tags (Resources > Online > Web trackings tags It is not possible, because I'm getting notification that: "Web tracking is not supported with Full FDA".

3. Collecting responses in a custom schema: I have set up the web app with the following activities:

- Preloading:

Auto-load data referenced in the form checked,

Load additional data checked,

Identification: Adobe Campaign encryption
- Page: with the content of landing page in html

- Script: with the following code

var activityLog = <activityLog _operation="insert" _key="@recipientId" xtkschema="np:activityLog"></activityLog>;
activityLog.@recipientId = ctx.recipient.@id;
activityLog.@value = "Click registered";
xtk.session.Write(activityLog);

None of the those attempts were successful. 

To summarize, I want to learn two things:

1. How make the whole web app running? It's worth to mention that the instance is running on version 8.

2. What is the best way to troubleshoot web apps? I am aware of debug mode in the Preview, however I don't find it useful. How can I log variables to some kind of equivalent of audit from the workflow? 

Thanks,

Dominik

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I found the solution for this issue. With the approach described above I was getting the error in browser console:

"uncaught typeerror cannot read properties of null" and it was pointing at the button. The button had added additional attribute:

onclick="return (document.controller.submit('next, '', 'next'))"

which was not working. The resolution for that was wrapping the whole html into:

<form method="post" name="page" id="page-form"></form>

Now the button redirects to the thank you page and the record is added to my custom schema.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @dwnuk 

One your landing page. The button should redirect the page to next page which will be a script to store the response in the schema.

Here is how it would look

Manoj_Kumar__0-1708558452850.png

Also, check if the value of recipient id is passed properly in the xtk session write code.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

That's the approach I have tried as well, but it gave even worse results because Thank You page wasn't displayed. When I click on the button on the landing page, it only adds additional "#" to the address but the page itself is not being changed. Please find below the code I am using for button on my landing page:

<table class="button-box"
          style="padding: 0px; height: 60px; border-collapse: collapse !important;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
          <tbody>
            <tr>
              <td align="center" class="button-text three-col" valign="middle"
                style="border-collapse: collapse !important;">
                <a role="button"
                  style="font-size: 19px; text-transform: uppercase; font-style: normal; font-weight: 500; line-height: 21px;" href="#" data-nl-type="action"
                      data-nl-transition="next" data-nl-action="next">
                  Click here
                </a></td>
            </tr>
          </tbody>
        </table>

How can I check if recipient id is passed properly? I am trying to print it using logInfo(), but I see only that the id is visible in debug mode, but I don't see any result in Console in Developer tools in my browser, neither in web app.

Correct answer by
Level 3

I found the solution for this issue. With the approach described above I was getting the error in browser console:

"uncaught typeerror cannot read properties of null" and it was pointing at the button. The button had added additional attribute:

onclick="return (document.controller.submit('next, '', 'next'))"

which was not working. The resolution for that was wrapping the whole html into:

<form method="post" name="page" id="page-form"></form>

Now the button redirects to the thank you page and the record is added to my custom schema.